GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Added a fan for the amp under the floor. Drilled a hole in the plastic pocket divider and mounted a usb fan to it. Looks clean and keeps the amp way cooler.

Attachments

• 20210926_100226_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    20210926_100226_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    603.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 20210926_100234_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    20210926_100234_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 20210926_100317_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    20210926_100317_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    670.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 20210926_100327_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    20210926_100327_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    596.3 KB · Views: 74

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
The tint was expensive but worth it. Has made a huge improvement on the interior car temp on hot days. I work in chino, CA where it is ofter over 100 in the summer. If your not in a desert climate it may not be worth the extra cost for ceramic
Thanks WW, I live by the beach but I'll see if anyone near by install the ceramic tint.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
New brakes yesterday, for the front anyway. Hawk talon rotors and ebc redstuff pads. Waiting on the rear brake pads.

Also, removed the Tyrolsport brake stiffening kit I put on a couple weeks ago. It was unbearable on uneven road. It sounded like someone was taking a hammer to the rotors on sharp bumps.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
New brakes yesterday, for the front anyway. Hawk talon rotors and ebc redstuff pads. Waiting on the rear brake pads.

Also, removed the Tyrolsport brake stiffening kit I put on a couple weeks ago. It was unbearable on uneven road. It sounded like someone was taking a hammer to the rotors on sharp bumps.

Can you elaborate here on what you mean? I just bought this kit for my R and have not installed it yet.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Can you elaborate here on what you mean? I just bought this kit for my R and have not installed it yet.
Where I live the roads are pretty bumpy in areas. The kit allowed the caliper to move around much more when the brakes are not compessed then the rubber bushings did. So on sharp bumps like potholes or seams in the road the calipes would clunk...alot. It sounded like a bad strut bearing but much worse. I could ride the brakes to make it stop but no thanks. I contacted tyrolsport but they never responded. It's possible I got a bad batch or it's because my pads were worn, which they weren't that bad when I replaced them Sunday. On a track I would have never heard it but on Southern California roads it was ridiculous.

I had found another thread of someone saying the same thing.

https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/diy-tyrolsport-brake-caliper-stiffening-kit.3532097/

On reply #15 he starts talking about it and everyone tells him it couldn't be the kit, must be a suspension issue. I can assure you it was the kit. I was so happy driving to work on Monday and not hearing my brakes clunk over every bump. They did stiffen the brake peddle feel a bit at the bottom, but new pads and rotors were much more effective.

Last edited:

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Where I live the roads are pretty bumpy in areas. The kit allowed the caliper to move around much more when the brakes are not compessed then the rubber bushings did. So on sharp bumps like potholes or seams in the road the calipes would clunk...alot. It sounded like a bad strut bearing but much worse. I could ride the brakes to make it stop but no thanks. I contacted tyrolsport but they never responded. It's possible I got a bad batch or it's because my pads were worn, which they weren't that bad when I replaced them Sunday. On a track I would have never heard it but on Southern California roads it was ridiculous.

I had found another thread of someone saying the same thing.

https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/diy-tyrolsport-brake-caliper-stiffening-kit.3532097/

On reply #15 he starts talking about it and everyone tells him it couldn't be the kit, must be a suspension issue. I can assure you it was the kit. I was so happy driving to work on Monday and not hearing my brakes clunk over every bump. They did stiffen the brake peddle feel a bit at the bottom, but new pads and rotors were much more effective.
interesting. I'm hoping that because of where I work if I have this kind of issue I may be able to find a solution for it (and for you if you decide to reinstall). I'm thinking of doing everything this weekend. I've got new rotors, pads, lines, fluid, and this kit to go on the R.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
interesting. I'm hoping that because of where I work if I have this kind of issue I may be able to find a solution for it (and for you if you decide to reinstall). I'm thinking of doing everything this weekend. I've got new rotors, pads, lines, fluid, and this kit to go on the R.
It is really easy to remove the kit if you don't like it. Just don't damage the rubber boots for the front caliper slide pins when removing them in case you want to revert back.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Installed the rear brakes today after getting the correct pads. Added black badges (front and back) and the white inlay for the rear. Also got a new headliner put in yesterday.

My to do list is now complete

Last edited:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
I have been looking for the matching rear for my APR (Hotchkis) 27mm front swaybar. I found a new Hotchkis 27mm rear swaybar on ebay for $80 the other day. Bought it with skeptical optimism. It looked like it shipped from Hotchkis East though so I thought maybe it's legit. Well....got it today.

20211029_153721_copy_756x1008.jpg

Not only was it legit, It's actually the APR rear bar.

20211104_170200_copy_1008x756.jpg

Just finished installing it and am about to go for a spin.

Unicorns do exist.

Attachments

• 20211029_154955_copy_1008x756.jpg
    20211029_154955_copy_1008x756.jpg
    488.1 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:

eldadmendez

Added a little trim to my Golf Sportwagen 2011 before deciding to paint it... looks really nice!!! red stripe over black mate strip over original paint...

Attachments

• VW Golf SW 2011 (1).jpg
    VW Golf SW 2011 (1).jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 71
  • VW Golf SW 2011 (3).jpg
    VW Golf SW 2011 (3).jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 73
  • VW Golf SW 2011 (2).jpg
    VW Golf SW 2011 (2).jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 66

Theonlycam

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone in the GTA know how to repair the oil filter housing. I think the upper gasket has finally went (for context it has been worn down for about 4 years) and need it replaced on the cheap. The part is 07k115441. I'm really strapped for cash but willing to pay if you can do it for me.

Mk6milli

(I'll add pics later). Just got done installing my solowerks s1's on the golf which I'm actually pretty impressed with for an entry-level Coilover at $499 Also did the sway links.

After that installed the modded euros flush kit 10mm rear spacers, 15mm front spacers, a BFI billet aluminum weighted shift knob, and can't forget the urotuning stickers lol.

I'm in the process of doing white letters on my tires and Idk if I like it or not but I'm gonna finish before I decide if I wanna take it off. I've always kinda liked the way it looks on cars but also think it's a little "Highschool-ish", but we will see how it looks.

Also polished and waxed the car the other day and man do I need some paint correction.. Black cars are so beautiful but such a pain to take care of... Also live in the rust belt so the amount of debris that's flung at my front end on a daily is insane. I May try to DIY wrap it when I get the cash cause I feel like the body lines on the mk6 are subtle enough for a first try wrap. Also need wheels desperately.. Why are cars so expensive to make look good 😭
IMG-1925.jpg
IMG-1924.jpg
IMG-1921.jpg

Idk how I feel about the tire lettering still lol. I did end up scratching my brand new shift knob cause I'm an idiot 😭
IMG_1954.jpg

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone in the GTA know how to repair the oil filter housing. I think the upper gasket has finally went (for context it has been worn down for about 4 years) and need it replaced on the cheap. The part is 07k115441. I'm really strapped for cash but willing to pay if you can do it for me.
Hey Cam,I saw this YouTube video and thought of you, did you get this Done?

Mk6milli

Refinished the Audi a4 wheels and slapped them on. I really like how they look on the golf for OEM wheels. Will hold me good until I get the funds together for some wheels I want to purchase! What do you guys think?

EDIT:
Have put about 1200mi on the new solowerks. My honest opinion of these is I probably would have gone a different route if I could go back. That being said I still think these give plenty of bang for the buck considering the 499$ pricetag vs other brands going 1000$+. I have these almost maxed out about half inch from bottomed out (Probably part of my reason for my opinion on these so I cant give them to much crap lol). The ride on these after the break-in has gotten noticeably stiffer for sure. I can feel every single bump in the road and going over anything big in the road that I cant avoid makes the car shake pretty hard. I pulled the wheels off and checked everything at about 1k and so far so good. I also rub on front and back slightly on bumps and rub pretty heavily when cornering at speeds about 50MPH which isn't the fault of the product but my height/tire set up. If I ran them just a touch more stretched I would not be having this issue at all I'm sure.

My full recap on these is that yes I would go a different route if I went back BUT I would also fully recommend these to someone on a budget as far as quality for the price. They do handle very well but something with adjustable dampening would have probably been better. My only other complaint is that if I did get a new wheel/tire setup I would like to go lower but these will not go any lower without wearing them out EXTREMELY fast. I knew the capabilities of these when I bought them though so again that's more on me than the product.

4C75D558-812F-4AF2-8538-4A31CE462A9B.JPG

Last edited: