GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

What did you do to your MK6 today?

GolNat

Ready to race!
Their rear emblem inlay is soooo good. Even on my black car, it made a difference.
Nice!! I didn’t bother with my rear one since my car is black but I’ll add one to my cart next time I’m ordering. I blacked out the VW emblem but I don’t think I like it so going back to chrome and adding the inlay might do the trick.

With the CW on the Jetta it made a nice improvement. Looks more premium now or something.

csumt76

Ready to race!
I just ordered the rear Texas flag inlay. Some of the cts-v guys had these custom emblems made that had the flag in there and I liked the way it looked. I like the chrome, just the plastic is faded. Also scooped up some engine mounts, fancy car wash soap, and a key cover to try out. Big $$$ lol

torga

Drag Race Newbie
Installed my APR catback today. The short of it is, the APR sounds beautiful and the Beluga sounds like someone screaming - full deets in my build thread.
I am really, really happy with this exhaust. The full APR TBE is a wonderful sound.

GolNat

Ready to race!
My state flag is lame lol. Maryland and Texas look cool.

Installed APR Pendulum Mount last night and changed the oil with some RedLine 5w-40 and Mann filter. I only backed the car off the ramps and let it idle until it kicked down to normal idle but it was as smooth as butter. Excited to take it for a drive and see how the mount feels. It’s rainy though so she is staying in the garage for now.

PhthaloType

Ready to race!
I just ordered the rear Texas flag inlay. Some of the cts-v guys had these custom emblems made that had the flag in there and I liked the way it looked. I like the chrome, just the plastic is faded. Also scooped up some engine mounts, fancy car wash soap, and a key cover to try out. Big $$$ lol
Gotta represent! My old Jetta:

Capture.PNG

Now I'm on the West Coast but I figured my Texas plates are enough ;)

Phur

Go Kart Champion
Mounted the winter tyres on the Watkins Glen wheels

You've got a gorgeous ED35! Quick question... are your lower center grills and fog light surrounds gloss black or the satin off-black like a regular GTI? Does the OEM lip match the color/texture of the fog light surrounds or the rear diffuser? It's hard to tell with the colors that the ED35 comes in. I just recently bought the bumper and side skirts. It will be a few months before the bumper comes in, but am trying to think ahead with the grills and rear diffuser.

Edy.Ct

Ready to race!
@Phur Thank you! The front lip comes painted gloss black from the factory (like the side mirrors). The grills are just regular unpainted plastic like on the regular GTI bumper. If you bought the bumper new the lip is probably going to come primed, not painted

Phur

Go Kart Champion
@Phur Thank you! The front lip comes painted gloss black from the factory (like the side mirrors). The grills are just regular unpainted plastic like on the regular GTI bumper. If you bought the bumper new the lip is probably going to come primed, not painted
Thank you for the quick reply. ECS said that it is gloss, and looks like it from the photo. I couldn't tell if it was textured or not, true black or off-black though.

Phur

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to have bare minimum the center piece that is black on the ED35's sprayed black. I am thinking about whether or not to pursue having the grille, fog light surround and rear diffuser painted to match.

csumt76

Ready to race!
Womp womp. I got an email that my ProKit order was cancelled due to a "technical reason." Now the price is $40 higher L O L

Phur

Go Kart Champion
Womp womp. I got an email that my ProKit order was cancelled due to a "technical reason." Now the price is $40 higher L O L
Like they "technically" wanted 40 more of your $? I'm sorry, man. That sucks. Try calling them?

csumt76

Ready to race!
Like they "technically" wanted 40 more of your $? I'm sorry, man. That sucks. Try calling them?
I assume they just made a mistake, maybe they weren't allowed to even sell it that low. I didn't plan on installing them right away so not really upset about it.

Edy.Ct

Ready to race!
I'm going to have bare minimum the center piece that is black on the ED35's sprayed black. I am thinking about whether or not to pursue having the grille, fog light surround and rear diffuser painted to match.
You can see here how it is. Paint is f*cked up from stones tho, but for the main idea.