GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Got a friggin bolt in my tire......no bueno....

Costco did give me $135 towards the new one though so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Rascal

Ready to race!

Got a friggin bolt in my tire......no bueno....

Costco did give me $135 towards the new one though so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

How is Costco for tire installs? Do they road force balance? We shop Costco quite a bit but not sure if I trust them with tires/wheels.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
How is Costco for tire installs? Do they road force balance? We shop Costco quite a bit but not sure if I trust them with tires/wheels.

I have gotten a few sets for my Tundra and BMW there. Never had a real problem - I did have one tire on my Tundra go flat on me a few days after install and Costco fixed the problem no questions asked. I was pretty satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
I believe they did road force balance them, but I'm not 100% certain. They certainly rode better than my old Pirellis. The biggest danger is browsing around waiting for them to finish the install. I end up wanting to spend a few hundred every time in there, haha

believeNsteve

That is f'n genius! I have a container in the garage with at least a hundred zip ties of various sizes. Going to order a replacment one then will try that. Even if the hole I drill is slightly larger than the zip tie it will still be MUCH better than how it is now. I pulled probably a pound worth of loose asphalt/salt/etc out of there with that cover missing. Pretty poor design imo

Bill19751

Ready to race!
Put in the smoked side markers. Love them. Only thing bothering me is when i went to put them in the access panel on the passenger side was missing. I realize how easy it is to pop out so wouldn't be surprised if it popped out driving one day. There was SOO much salt and grit in there, was able to get most of it out. Any idea what that part is actually called/ a place to buy a replacment one(guessing they come in pairs of 2).
Before

After
Nice which ones do you have? ECS shows two different kinds available. One is listed as "rough style" and the other "smooth style" not sure what the difference is

Inevitable

Passed Driver's Ed
Put Kermit on the dyno to see where my K04 is in terms of 'compared to a stock GTI' and am pleased with the results. https://vimeo.com/168141282

Not record breaking K04 numbers by any means, but again, I'm pleased. Made 334whp and 343ft-lbs wheel torque. Obviously corrected.

Sent from...somewhere?

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Put Kermit on the dyno to see where my K04 is in terms of 'compared to a stock GTI' and am pleased with the results. https://vimeo.com/168141282

Not record breaking K04 numbers by any means, but again, I'm pleased. Made 334whp and 343ft-lbs wheel torque. Obviously corrected.

Sent from...somewhere?

Damn stock motor?

Eurodyne stage 2 tune|Autotech dogbone insert|FK street lines coilovers|Rev D dv|Manzo eBay Dp|custom 3" catback|P-flo intake|R8 coils

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
That is f'n genius! I have a container in the garage with at least a hundred zip ties of various sizes. Going to order a replacment one then will try that. Even if the hole I drill is slightly larger than the zip tie it will still be MUCH better than how it is now. I pulled probably a pound worth of loose asphalt/salt/etc out of there with that cover missing. Pretty poor design imo

i cant find where i say the idea but i do not take credit for this. i merely share when people bring up losing these things.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Well, K04 turbo and supporting mods, but the engine internals are stock.

Awesome. I want to do that in the future

Eurodyne stage 2 tune|Autotech dogbone insert|FK street lines coilovers|Rev D dv|Manzo eBay Dp|custom 3" catback|P-flo intake|R8 coils

Inevitable

Passed Driver's Ed
Awesome. I want to do that in the future

I'll do another one when I get the tune fixt for the w/m system, to see the difference (if any)

Gino

Ready to race!
Woke up at 6AM and got on the freeway before 6:30AM to head to AU Tuning. Waited for them to open for about 40 minutes with my hood opened to help cool down the engine. Got my ported and polished APR K04 installed with a Unitronic Stage 2+ tune and a new REV D valve. Didn't get to beat on the car at all. Drove home in lots of traffic and haven't wanted to leave the house since I was out since 6:30AM lol. The mod is on tho. :) BONUS!, My Neuspeed Discharge Pipe worked just fine with the turbo so won't be needing a new one.