GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

skotcoop

Ready to race!
Just bought my first stuff from chemical guys. they're having a sale for MDW.

this with free shipping on orders over $50... yeah. worth a try right?
Yeah. Any subsequent orders you should go through amazon. If you have prime that is. Always free shipping and its quicker and sometimes cheaper in price.

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
I removed the sound dampening material from under my bonnet. I was reading up on it and I always thought it was there to protect the bonnet paint from engine heat. It turns out it's primarily used to dampen sound from the engine bay and the paint could care less about the engine heat.

So, wanting to hear my intake a bit more, I removed it. HOLY COW! You can hear every little detail from my intake now. I can HEAR my turbo spooling now over my exhaust, which is pretty epic.

I'm keeping that blanket thing off! :)

Hmmmmm. I may have to try this. Because racecar.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Taking off that dampening from the hood makes the car sound better. You can hear the intake so much more and engine is louder

It definitely is man, also what I did to hear everything as much as possible was remove the clutch plate cover above the pedals since I have a dsg and you will literally hear your intake and the turbo spool so clear

Eurodyne stage 2 tune|Autotech dogbone insert|FK street lines coilovers|Rev D dv|Manzo eBay Dp|custom 3" catback|P-flo intake|R8 coils

mexicanwaldo

Go Kart Champion
It definitely is man, also what I did to hear everything as much as possible was remove the clutch plate cover above the pedals since I have a dsg and you will literally hear your intake and the turbo spool so clear

Eurodyne stage 2 tune|Autotech dogbone insert|FK street lines coilovers|Rev D dv|Manzo eBay Dp|custom 3" catback|P-flo intake|R8 coils

Wait wat? [emoji15] I want to do that

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Wait wat? [emoji15] I want to do that

The dsg gti has an empty clutch plate area above your brake pedal on the firewall and all you do is remove the cover right there and the rubber seal underneath that and it leads directly the engine bay. You'll hear everything

mexicanwaldo

Go Kart Champion
The dsg gti has an empty clutch plate area above your brake pedal on the firewall and all you do is remove the cover right there and the rubber seal underneath that and it leads directly the engine bay. You'll hear everything

Going to try this out later lol

EastKingZ

Ready to race!
Hmmmmm. I may have to try this. Because racecar.

I would do it, the bay looks so much better and all it does is suppress sound, nothing to do with heat, hell the engine probably cools off quicker without it. :)

skotcoop

Ready to race!
I would do it, the bay looks so much better and all it does is suppress sound, nothing to do with heat, hell the engine probably cools off quicker without it. :)
I can believe that because every JDM car doesn't come with one. My engine is already loud with my mounts and SMFW. I wish it was quieter so I dont think I'll be removing mine. I like a quiet car.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

Fuck why have I never heard of this before?! Doing this this weekend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Taking off that dampening from the hood makes the car sound better. You can hear the intake so much more and engine is louder
Sold. Doing this tonight

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk