GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
How do you like them? been considering a set

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

drive in this morning was alright - it's gonna take time to get used to i think, given the extra blindspot visibility i have now. the blue tint is the major reason i bought - my eyes hate bright lights and everyone puts in the bright whites now. need to find a rear view that is tinted now.

iAhhMaze

Go Kart Champion
drive in this morning was alright - it's gonna take time to get used to i think, given the extra blindspot visibility i have now. the blue tint is the major reason i bought - my eyes hate bright lights and everyone puts in the bright whites now. need to find a rear view that is tinted now.
Yeah thats what my fear is the blind spot changing my visibility. Im also thinking of doing the audi auto tint rear view

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Yeah thats what my fear is the blind spot changing my visibility. Im also thinking of doing the audi auto tint rear view

these increase it for sure - i'll know more tonight after i get home from work if it's too much of an increase. honestly i think i'll keep 'em on because the tint alone helps.

also, i was thinking of an auto dimming one but i dont want to deal with wiring and shit. want to find one that is tinted like these mirrors or find some tint to place on there myself. can't be that tough.

iAhhMaze

Go Kart Champion
these increase it for sure - i'll know more tonight after i get home from work if it's too much of an increase. honestly i think i'll keep 'em on because the tint alone helps.

also, i was thinking of an auto dimming one but i dont want to deal with wiring and shit. want to find one that is tinted like these mirrors or find some tint to place on there myself. can't be that tough.
Yeah there should be one out there with some tint over it.

davserbic

Ready to race!

BLUE TINTED AND HEATED BLIND SPOT SPLIT MIRRORS

Someone ended up clipping my passenger mirror overnight and completely shattered my mirror and sent it sliding down the street.

Check out full post with more photos here.

Last edited:

IAtegeler

Ready to race!
Should I go for SPM swaybars or some lowering springs? I just want to make some twisties more fun. But also am leaning at the springs for a better look as well

DarianBx3

Ready to race!
Should I go for SPM swaybars or some lowering springs? I just want to make some twisties more fun. But also am leaning at the springs for a better look as well

My vote is springs first. You'll be able to reap the benefits everywhere you go, even when you aren't using the car!

Edit: On second thought, it depends how low you want to go with springs. It can get expensive when you start having to do other things.

Last edited:

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
I recommend H&R springs. I have the Super Sports and they are the perfect height IMO

CaNANDian

Ready to race!
Wash + liquid wax just in time for sunset

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Edit: On second thought, it depends how low you want to go with springs. It can get expensive when you start having to do other things.

x2 on this

You'll "ideally" want newer struts/shocks to go with lowering springs. Although if you're going with mild dropping springs, you can skate by with the OEM struts/shocks still but I wouldn't have high hopes of great performance and a decent ride still.

So it all depends on how much you wanna spend

Brendon

Ready to race!

I would go with an SPM rear bar. It will help with understeer and the price is great. It was my first suspension mod and definitely the better choice for me at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMGTI

Ready to race!
I recommend H&R springs. I have the Super Sports and they are the perfect height IMO

What he said. :thumbsup:

They ride great on mine and its low for my liking.