GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

mexicanwaldo

Go Kart Champion
Im jelly. Looks great!

Thanks homie

Looks awesome, what kind of labor goes into that? Looks like you had to trim the carpet lining a bit?

It's not too bad, but pretty time consuming. My friend did the majority of the work since I'm not too familiar with a drill lol :bonk:

You have to cut the carpet as well as drill into the body of the car. Then install nutserts and bolt it in. That's pretty much the jist of it. Just a tip to take your time with measurements and drilling the holes. You pretty much only get one shot at it.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Thanks homie

It's not too bad, but pretty time consuming. My friend did the majority of the work since I'm not too familiar with a drill lol :bonk:

You have to cut the carpet as well as drill into the body of the car. Then install nutserts and bolt it in. That's pretty much the jist of it. Just a tip to take your time with measurements and drilling the holes. You pretty much only get one shot at it.

yeah i'm anxious to do mine. need to assess my drillbits and see if i need to buy anything special.

mexicanwaldo

Go Kart Champion
yeah i'm anxious to do mine. need to assess my drillbits and see if i need to buy anything special.

You might need to purchase extra 1/8" and 1/4" drill bits because they did snap on us during install. Also depending on the location you want the XB don't be scared to drill a little further for the top bolts. We had to just a little bit because there was something (obviously metal from the body) blocking the bolt to go all the way through.

zrickety

The Fixer
Not sure you need extra bits, but have a few good ones of various size before you get to the big one. 1/2" I think? Definitely measure a few times, then check again once you put the first nutsert in. Your drill may wander a little. There is another layer of sheet metal depending on position, I didn't enjoy drilling it but you are stiffening the car.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
checked it. there is hardware there so this must have been left over from the install, and was a shop oversight.

Most likely. Like I said, the Konis should have had their own new nuts anyways

Only if they (disassembled the stock strut &) swapped over the stock strut mounts should they have been laying around/extra

CMGTI

Ready to race!
I like the petina (sp?) on the Merc, dont paint it.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I like the petina (sp?) on the Merc, dont paint it.

I agree. It's looking pretty sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk