What did you do to your MK6 today?

havocsrt

Ready to race!
Did some more painting

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

havocsrt

Ready to race!
gonna do the battery cover too?
Idk, i think i already over did the red lol. Looking at the before and after pictures.

Before

After

I do have a few white COBB stickers, i could stick one on the CAI to break it up.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
Put them on last Thursday! I'm lower now :D
Gti.jpg

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I've been watching a lot of videos on it. Seems really easy just time consuming (I plan on top filling mine to save money). Hoping to source everything for a decent price instead of shelling out $1k at the dealer to have them do it like it was for my 40k service.
I bought my dsg service kit off amazon and the top fill 5 dollar thingy with tube. Was about $140 in parts and the hour I spent doing it. Requires some wonky parts like 14mm Allen, 24mm socket, 8mm long Allen (I just used a key no wrench). Look up how to take out your air box and battery for easy install. Just watch the humble mechanic dsg vid. Also after hooking up battery make sure u relearn pinch protection and drive your car a short distance to relearn power steering, tpms, and traction control. Also I measured out what I drained by dumping from my pan into an empty bottle and then into my jerry can and made sure to put back in what I took out and both being the same temp by letting it sit out overnight.

Tools needed:
Airbox removal:
-T20 two screws for air dam.
-Allen 6mm(iirc) where it attaches to battery tray
-pliers or channel locks or clamp pliers for clamps holding hoses. I had to undo clamp on a line that went into intake manifold and the intake before maf sensor.

Battery removal:
13 mm socket
10mm socket
Flat head screwdriver for seating terminals.

DSG tools:
24mm socket for filter housing
Small flathead or pick to get seal off to replace.
14mm Allen for drain plug. Replace crush washer.
8mm long Allen for second fill level drain plug.

That's it iirc
Make sure car is level I didn't even use jack stands. But my car is stock height.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Local VW shop is charging me $240 for the DSG service. Very well respected group around my area. Actually, I dont know if this car has had the service done. I check my local VW dealer to see if it has been done.
Totally worth it if u don't already have the tools. My dealer quoted $500 local shops never called me back /shrug

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Ha, I just purchased my 40k service kit, from ECS Tuning.

OEM DSG Fluid + Filter
OEM Castrol Edge + Filter
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
Mann FreciousPlus Cabin Filter

Came out to $242 and I'm hoping it will all arrive before this weekend.

DIY seems fairly straight-forward. I'll be doing the top-fill method. Only thing that sketches me out is draining the overflow. But again, pretty straight forward.

Last edited:

Pakman332

Ready to race!

OEM DSG Fluid + Filter
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs

DIY seems fairly straight-forward. I'll be doing the top-fill method. Only thing that sketches me out is draining the overflow. But again, pretty straight forward.
I did this service about 6k miles ago. It takes forever to pour all of the fluid in lol. Overall quite easy though.

Sent from my Pocket Computer 6000

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion

OEM DSG Fluid + Filter
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs

You don't have to worry about draining overflow if you just measure what you take out and put that much back in. I feel like the overflow technique was designed to be used with vagcom to monitor trans oil temp. I was afraid of under filling it if it wasn't exactly level or right temp. So if 4.4 liters come out that's what I put back in. Mind you new oil was same temp as old oil as I let it sit overnight.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Didn't change my oil today but did a few weeks ago - forgot to metion i found this funnel on amazon that locks into the grooves where your cap gets secured. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006T8L2KY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The thing worked great, figured i'd through it out there for the DIYers on here. Makes it much easier than your off the shelf types which may not sit well when you're pouring.

Maybe next time i do oil change with my extractor i'll make a video or something.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Didn't change my oil today but did a few weeks ago - forgot to metion i found this funnel on amazon that locks into the grooves where your cap gets secured. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006T8L2KY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The thing worked great, figured i'd through it out there for the DIYers on here. Makes it much easier than your off the shelf types which may not sit well when you're pouring.

Maybe next time i do oil change with my extractor i'll make a video or something.
Thank you! Adds to cart. Next time you take an oil extractor to her be sure to film it ;)

93serprise

Ready to race!
Used my new boostleak tester :)

uploadfromtaptalk1465858043768.jpg

Sent from my magic time machine after inserting crystals.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion

93serprise

Ready to race!
Nice.

Whatever happend to your Nissan. I think it was you that had one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Still have the nx2000 :) I have a T28 turbo kit ready to be installed after I replace my struts all the way around.

Sent from my magic time machine after inserting crystals.