GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Someone near me was selling a roof rack that I scooped up. Definitely like the way it looks on the car and now I can move around our kayaks. I gotta get the peeling paint above my windshield taken care of since it's starting to rust. I may just sand it a bit, hit it with a touch up pen then get the whole roof wrapped black since that's on the list eventually. Also one of my winter tires went flat hence the different wheel in the back. Going to be getting new summer tires soon and once I get those gonna toss on the BBK hopefully.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
That faring is like 2 sizes too small. Get the thule fairing like I have, looks much better.

smanierre

Autocross Champion

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

smanierre

Autocross Champion

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Put on some Enkei TS10s w/ GForce Comp 2s yesterday as it's getting warmer out... looks GOOD. Got an occasional clunk from the FR now though ? gonna take it back for a retorque this afternoon.

SJC

Ready to race!
Washed, sealed and Turtle Wax Hybid Ceramic treated the finish.
Excellent results.
Vent mounted boost gauge gets installed on Monday.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
did you put hub centric rings on? could be the cause of clunk.

Got em from Tire Rack. Should have come with rings and was told by the install tech that the rings were put on. I still have the hardware box in the back, probably good to open that up and verify that there aren't any rings sitting in there. I did order a set of aluminum rings "just in case."

EDIT: it was the lug bolts. Tech loosened them up and then retightened.
IMG_20200313_165644.jpg

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Got the rear in. Waiting on new strut mounts for the front but the front struts are removed.

BBAE8FF3-14B7-422B-8096-EEF7CD1F628D.jpeg

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Good news is that getting them out is much harder than getting them in.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
This. Rears are easy and can literally be done in minutes. Getting the fronts out is always the hardest part. Getting them in is pretty easy.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
This. Rears are easy and can literally be done in minutes. Getting the fronts out is always the hardest part. Getting them in is pretty easy.

I hope so. The driver side was a bitch to get out. I finally just stomped on the whole hub and it popped out. Passenger side was easier. Yea the rears are easy peasy (y)

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I hope so. The driver side was a bitch to get out. I finally just stomped on the whole hub and it popped out. Passenger side was easier. Yea the rears are easy peasy (y)

Which setup did you get? This may be one of my next things. Was gonna go spring/strut but my buddy is talking me into coilover. Possibly KW