GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Delaware plates are the coolest.

DE residents take license plates very seriously lol. You have to own a tag # that is lower then 79,999 to get a porcelain tag. Under 200,000 you can get a black and white stainless steel one. Any number above 200k or a vanity plate you can have the standard one or an specialized plate. I had to stalk the DMV who purges the system every so often so if someone let a low digit tag expire you can score one. I got 2 that way.People hand them down in their will

Agreed. Minimalistic. Like it.

Yes and with a black car it adds a nice touch when most plates take away.

Yes unlike the state itself.

Lmao yeah it’s a pretty lame state otherwise.

A low digit tag can sell at an auction for 100k dollars. Here is one that sold for 410k and it references another one that sold for over 600k

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/25/641835446/delaware-license-plate-sells-for-410-000

Around here it’s not the car you are driving but the license plate number that shows off your status lol

GolNat

Autocross Champion
There are a ton of plate options in Tx. You can get one with Mighty Fine burgers on it lol
That sounds about right from what I hear of TX lol.
Finally finishing up my project on my emblems and front grill. Trying to reinstall the front emblem, one clip quickly broke and a 2nd broke on me as I tried carefully getting it locked into place for an hour. Ended up just super glueing it. It’s not perfect but I didn’t feel like being a masochist, and I’m still satisfied with the resultView attachment 174398View attachment 174399
That turned out great!!

Last edited:

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Yikes! Just found some bird turds on my hood. It was mostly white so it blended in. Cleaned it off and found some etching already, but was able to get it out with the polisher right quick. :poop:

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
Speaking of TX plates, here's what I wanna get when it comes out:

https://www.myplates.com/register/lonestarcarbonfiber

zrickety

The Fixer
The aluminum ECS radiator is looking pretty good now...

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Mk7 front brakes?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Had no idea they were compatible. Cool.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Mk8 is floating calipers again too so probably even compatible across that