GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
How are the superpro ball joints holding up? I worked on 2 cars that had them and they seized and had to cut them off the control arms. Midwest cars that saw salty winters. I use febi and usually replace them every track season. $18 a piece
I’ll post up if I have any problems with mine. But I‘m down in ATL so I won’t have corrosion issues.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
First step in doing any work, get the car off the ground. If there are no hangups I’ll get the first corner done tomorrow.

Attachments

• EF935CEC-4D15-465F-90F4-99FCB9BBFC3C.jpeg
    EF935CEC-4D15-465F-90F4-99FCB9BBFC3C.jpeg
    751.4 KB · Views: 93

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I ordered the GFB DV+. Got it for $115. Hopefully car holds boost better now. Im pretty sure i have the old DV style with the diaphragm

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
brand of jackstands? i might replace mine out of spite.
They’re the old AC Delco two ton stands. I’ve had them for so long I‘m not even sure they’re still sold anywhere. I have a close look at them every so often looking for signs of cracking or corrosion and so far so good.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I have the same ac delcos, they are sold at walmart still

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I only had 45 minutes to work on it today so I was only able to get one corner striped. The family car caught an actual bolt in a rear tire so I had to take some time to get it patched.

Attachments

• 5604B601-68B7-41BA-A744-3FC166560C6D.jpeg
    5604B601-68B7-41BA-A744-3FC166560C6D.jpeg
    662.9 KB · Views: 100

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Took this pic last weekend during my golf trip. Thought I'd share with you guys.
Nice, CowTown! Love your car.

I mean, I've got a clear record and have been destroyed on insurance because of my zip-code. Downtown Houston is awful for rates. To me, anything helps, especially while being at Uni. I'm always shopping for the best rate, but sometimes you take what you can get lmao.
I did the Progressive thing too a few years ago, did get a reduction but I'm lots older. Didn't last long though -- went right back up, Miami is a shit place to drive and get insured. Probably worse than Houston! :mad: Won't be here much longer though. Headed for Tennessee later this year. I was born here, but I'm done. Had it.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I took out my DV in prep for the DV+ that comes tomorrow. Looks like rev C, piston style but I am positive this is the source of my small boost leak/flutter. Checked all my charge piping and everything looks good.

Attachments

• 20200601_112212.jpg
    20200601_112212.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 78
  • 20200601_112226.jpg
    20200601_112226.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 81
  • 20200601_112234.jpg
    20200601_112234.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 82

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I did the Progressive thing too a few years ago, did get a reduction but I'm lots older. Didn't last long though -- went right back up, Miami is a shit place to drive and get insured. Probably worse than Houston! :mad: Won't be here much longer though. Headed for Tennessee later this year. I was born here, but I'm done. Had it.

How is the Cutler bay area? Friend of mine was trying to get me to work down there. Used to live in Ft Lauderdale but didn't make it south of there much.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
How is the Cutler bay area? Friend of mine was trying to get me to work down there. Used to live in Ft Lauderdale but didn't make it south of there much.

Hah, now that's funny. That's where I live, Cutler Bay, southern Miami-Dade county. It's a nice area; lots of the 'old' Florida is still there, along with nearby Palmetto Bay. Quiet neighborhoods, nice people, weird wildlife (wild peacocks everywhere!). There is a lot of building and developing going on nearby, though. Lennar Corp has lots of residence developing happening everywhere down south. Since corona virus, its slowed down a good bit, Southland Mall has been a ghost town. But things are starting to open up...... the Redlands farming area is nearby, with all kinds of yummy fresh things. Great restaurants. Plus we're right on the doorstep to the Florida Keys, too. Speaking of which, the Keys just opened up today for business --- so of course, I took myself down to Key Largo this afternoon --- had a nice open-sunroof cruise in the GTI and a couple cold ones!!! :giggle: All good there. Cutler Bay, and (southern Miami-Dade county) is ok.

NOW.....JUST A BIT OF CONTRAST.......if you take yourself just a bit north to central Miami-Dade county/city of Miami/Miami Beach.........too many nuts down here from other places. And there's lots of young south American money, that doesn't like responsibility. Everyone has a Porsche or BMW, they think they're cooler than cool, they're all of 17 or 18yrs old, and they wanna be like Mr 305, Pitbull. But they're not. Yes, I'm exaggerating of course. But...........maybe not a whole lot.

Crazy goings-on, with spectacular, ridiculous crashes. The MacArthur Causeway was closed almost the whole day Saturday after a running shootout/chase between a Range Rover and some other expensive cars out of south Beach. Didn't end well for the Range Rover, impaled on a median divider near the Port of Miami. The scene looked more like a plane crash than auto accident. Many of these crashes turn into hit-and-runs, a sign of the Millenials times I guess. I don't know how they figure not to be found, what with VIN numbers and registrations, etc. But they smash into things all the time, houses, other cars, whatnot, and they run, don't hang around, never mind the value of the car or the carnage left behind.

Some guy a few months back crashed his brand-new Mclaren on the Venetian Causeway (very big-buck residences out there) and hauled ass on foot, just left the shattered car and scattered pieces right there on the causeway. Never heard what happened to him or if they found him. Car wasn't worth much........maybe just a couple hundred grand......

I'm over it. I was born here, but I'm done. Miami was a different place when I was young, and I'm thankful I got to live that and experience it back then.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Hah, now that's funny. That's where I live, Cutler Bay, southern Miami-Dade county. It's a nice area; lots of the 'old' Florida is still there, along with nearby Palmetto Bay. Quiet neighborhoods, nice people, weird wildlife (wild peacocks everywhere!). There is a lot of building and developing going on nearby, though. Lennar Corp has lots of residence developing happening everywhere down south. Since corona virus, its slowed down a good bit, Southland Mall has been a ghost town. But things are starting to open up...... the Redlands farming area is nearby, with all kinds of yummy fresh things. Great restaurants. Plus we're right on the doorstep to the Florida Keys, too. Speaking of which, the Keys just opened up today for business --- so of course, I took myself down to Key Largo this afternoon --- had a nice open-sunroof cruise in the GTI and a couple cold ones!!! :giggle: All good there. Cutler Bay, and (southern Miami-Dade county) is ok.

NOW.....JUST A BIT OF CONTRAST.......if you take yourself just a bit north to central Miami-Dade county/city of Miami/Miami Beach.........too many nuts down here from other places. And there's lots of young south American money, that doesn't like responsibility. Everyone has a Porsche or BMW, they think they're cooler than cool, they're all of 17 or 18yrs old, and they wanna be like Mr 305, Pitbull. But they're not. Yes, I'm exaggerating of course. But...........maybe not a whole lot.

Crazy goings-on, with spectacular, ridiculous crashes. The MacArthur Causeway was closed almost the whole day Saturday after a running shootout/chase between a Range Rover and some other expensive cars out of south Beach. Didn't end well for the Range Rover, impaled on a median divider near the Port of Miami. The scene looked more like a plane crash than auto accident. Many of these crashes turn into hit-and-runs, a sign of the Millenials times I guess. I don't know how they figure not to be found, what with VIN numbers and registrations, etc. But they smash into things all the time, houses, other cars, whatnot, and they run, don't hang around, never mind the value of the car or the carnage left behind.

Some guy a few months back crashed his brand-new Mclaren on the Venetian Causeway (very big-buck residences out there) and hauled ass on foot, just left the shattered car and scattered pieces right there on the causeway. Never heard what happened to him or if they found him. Car wasn't worth much........maybe just a couple hundred grand......

I'm over it. I was born here, but I'm done. Miami was a different place when I was young, and I'm thankful I got to live that and experience it back then.

Haha, I know what you're saying. I went to school with this kid and he thought Miami was the coolest place on earth. We actually nicknamed him "miami bro" and it's stuck for 15 years lmao. Sometimes I miss the beach, or the fancy cars/boats, or like you said being able to cruise down to the Keys. The guy I know commutes from Lauderdale to cutler bay to work.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Haha, I know what you're saying. I went to school with this kid and he thought Miami was the coolest place on earth. We actually nicknamed him "miami bro" and it's stuck for 15 years lmao. Sometimes I miss the beach, or the fancy cars/boats, or like you said being able to cruise down to the Keys. The guy I know commutes from Lauderdale to cutler bay to work.
LoL, poor guy must hit all the traffic, though, it's murder southbound to Miami in the morning and northbound afternoon. Unless he's got 'opposite time' workdays. I did that for a while....I didn't start work until 4pm, it was great for traffic avoidance!
'Miami bro' sounds to me like he was around here more during the fun times. Yea, Miami was all around fun and great years ago. Like any big city, there has always been some nutty stuff going on, hell, the gangster Al Capone lived here on Star Island years and years ago. Even so, the old Florida lifestyle still dominated for a long time..... I could go to south Beach for a fun night, spend 10 minutes in a car going to and from, find parking, eat great, have a fabulous time. After dinner or bar hopping, we'd go out on the beach and sit and listen to the ocean, or grab a couple of drinks, walk in the sand on the breaking waves on the shore and enjoy the night. Or whatever..............😇 And no one bothered you. Not like it is now. No way. It's continuous ''not fun'' nutty now. If I were out on the beach at night I would be continuously looking over my shoulder.

I know what you mean about the boats and such. I love being around the water and boats, and I've still got Homestead's Black Point Marina minutes away, if I want a fix for the boats and water. Plus, their bar and grill is right on the water and has lots and lots of fun people. 😜

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Yeah it's unfortunate because until this, I've had a great experience with Progressive. One of my good friends is in TN and always brags to me about the pennies he pays for his auto insurance haha, enjoy!