GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
wheels methinks
Lol yes, 18x8 ET35 “Peelers” with ECS hub centric rings on 225/40zr18 tires. See posted pics for how far they stick out.

Sadly, oem brakes look TINY now with so much room

Just for good measure, here’s another iPhone pic. It’s raining cats and dogs right now so no camera pics for a bit.
EC19D311-D2E7-4722-9034-26AD5622E592.jpeg

GolNat

Autocross Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Lol yes, 18x8 ET35 “Peelers” with ECS hub centric rings on 225/40zr18 tires. See posted pics for how far they stick out.

Sadly, oem brakes look TINY now with so much room

Just for good measure, here’s another iPhone pic. It’s raining cats and dogs right now so no camera pics for a bit.
View attachment 177864

Those look pretty 👍

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Those look pretty 👍
Thanks! Fit looks waaaaay more aggressive in person, but they’re nice reps for daily. Going with bronze RSe10s for track days eventually

GolNat

Autocross Champion
K04 has arrived!! Would like to get an intercooler before I install it but not to worried about it if I don’t find one in time.

EFA3D7DA-4007-4F23-AB06-228D0571421A.jpeg

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Fresh from the shop... Now it needs a bath. Couple of spots I'm worried about adhesion - one on the driver rear near the top stipples, one at a rear defroster corner, and one up near the spoiler. Guess we'll see how it looks in a few days time with the stuff dries.

Attachments

• IMG_20200626_144626__01.jpg
    IMG_20200626_144626__01.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 108

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Fresh from the shop... Now it needs a bath. Couple of spots I'm worried about adhesion - one on the driver rear near the top stipples, one at a rear defroster corner, and one up near the spoiler. Guess we'll see how it looks in a few days time with the stuff dries.

I guess I missed it, what was done to it?

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
In other news - not what I did to my MK6 today, but the other day...

Took a nice ~430 mile round trip on Wednesday. Super interesting takeaway: MFA says I averaged ~23.X MPG on the way down doing between 70 and 75 MPH, but I averaged ~28.X MPG on the way back doing right around 80 the whole way. To add to my confusion, I was in a lot more traffic on the way back? Maybe something to do with boost levels (and thus air fuel ratios) at 2.5K RPM vs 3K RPM?

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
In other news - not what I did to my MK6 today, but the other day...

Took a nice ~430 mile round trip on Wednesday. Super interesting takeaway: MFA says I averaged ~23.X MPG on the way down doing between 70 and 75 MPH, but I averaged ~28.X MPG on the way back doing right around 80 the whole way. To add to my confusion, I was in a lot more traffic on the way back? Maybe something to do with boost levels (and thus air fuel ratios) at 2.5K RPM vs 3K RPM?
Could also be a slight elevation change too. I routinely do a 200 mi trip between Houston and San Antonio back and forth. For the longest time I couldn’t figure out why I averaged worse going to Houston vs coming back to San Antonio. Realized there’s a real slow and steady elevation climb going there and coming back it’s more downhill. To the human eye you almost can’t tell the road is a degree inclined. Also crosswinds play a factor too, they seem to really pick up at night

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Could also be a slight elevation change too. I routinely do a 200 mi trip between Houston and San Antonio back and forth. For the longest time I couldn’t figure out why I averaged worse going to Houston vs coming back to San Antonio. Realized there’s a real slow and steady elevation climb going there and coming back it’s more downhill. To the human eye you almost can’t tell the road is a degree inclined. Also crosswinds play a factor too, they seem to really pick up at night

the earth is flat bruh :LOL:

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I only managed to get two clean laps not held up by traffic and I managed a 1:50.5 at Road Atlanta. I think I got about as much as I could out of 200 hp, but I’m sure the 1:40’s are achievable.

Crazy, because last time out my instructor estimated my car was worth about a 2:00.X.

The new brake lines performed as advertised, great pedal through entire sessions even on the stock calipers. The Superpro ball joints are pretty great. The car has just that bit more front end bite, turn in is much sharper; I feel like I can crank the steering wheel as hard as I like and there‘s no hint of push, it just hooks and tells me clearly when I’m asking for too much angle.

Last edited:

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I only managed to get two clean laps not held up by traffic and I managed a 1:50.5 at Road Atlanta. I think I got about as much as I could out of 200 hp, but I’m sure the 1:40’s are achievable.

Crazy, because time out my instructor estimated my car was worth about a 2:00.X.

The new brake lines performed as advertised, great pedal through entire sessions even on the stock calipers. The Superpro ball joints are pretty great. The car has just that bit more front end bite, turn in is much sharper; I feel like I can crank the steering wheel as hard as I like and there‘s no hint of push, it just hooks and tells me clearly when I’m asking for too much angle.

What rubbers are you on? 10 seconds is a mile, driver mod engaged