GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
maybe you could paint it black with high temp paint from a rattle can>?

Phur

Autocross Champion
maybe you could paint it black with high temp paint from a rattle can>?
I had thought about that too. This way, I didn’t have to worry about overspray. And I think it turned out better than I expected.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Do ittttttttt
:devilish:
Except go all in and powder coat. Mine are going to get powder coated whenever I get some damn time...and after I powder coat the OZ's.

IMG_20180318_181052 by tonyg37, on Flickr
Wow that looks pretty good not gonna lie man. I dunno how good yellow would look with my silver wheels though, what do you think? I’d go with black lettering too if I did yellow powder coat.
3F379F4C-59E4-4463-88E7-7942702D4378.jpeg

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
I figure, worst case scenario, it completely ruins the exhaust which means that I “need” to get new exhaust earlier. 😏
That’s what I did. Went under the car to “check for any exhaust leaks” and it just so happened my oem dp decided to unbolt itself from the turbo after 8 long years so I guess I had to finish the job and put on that tbe I had laying around :ROFLMAO:

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Man, that was a tough job. Not overly difficult but a lot of labor. Getting too old for this shit. Just need to go ahead and get an RS3

Attachments

• 20200915_153313.jpg
    20200915_153313.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 84

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Man, that was a tough job. Not overly difficult but a lot of labor. Getting too old for this shit. Just need to go ahead and get an RS3
Lol I’m not sure if you’ve seen it but there’s a YouTube video of a blue RS3 running 8 seconds in the 1/4 and talks about how he replaces his axles each pass or something like that. Those things are another level. Not to mention that sweet 5cyl sound :love:

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Lol I’m not sure if you’ve seen it but there’s a YouTube video of a blue RS3 running 8 seconds in the 1/4 and talks about how he replaces his axles each pass or something like that. Those things are another level. Not to mention that sweet 5cyl sound :love:
Yea, there is another member on here that is local. He and I send vids all the time. There is also a nasty TTrs, which I dont really like but man is it fast!
Really would like the RS3 wagon but not avail in the states :(

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I wasn’t going deep at all, just the tip. 😏 I hit it with some chrome polish and jet-seal just for good measure.

https://www.vhtpaint.com/high-heat/vht-flameproof-coating

Used this on my custom modular exhaust system on the GTI which I painted black. Powdercoating would be the way to do it 100% right but with proper prep on the metal rattlecan can be very effective. I mean if you pan to do an undercarriage showcar thing, definetly powdercoat. :cool:

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I drive on too many gravel roads to ever consider polishing or painting the exhaust system. I do admire the work that is being done to make them look good. (y)

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
It's pretty great that they use stainless now. Back when I was a young gun they sued mild steel & then aluminized steel. That stuff would rust out in a couple of years. I believe the EPA caused us to now have stainless. Some such thing about it being part of the emissions system. Maybe because of the catatonic converter.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
It's pretty great that they use stainless now. Back when I was a young gun they sued mild steel & then aluminized steel. That stuff would rust out in a couple of years. I believe the EPA caused us to now have stainless. Some such thing about it being part of the emissions system. Maybe because of the catatonic converter.
Did you mean the Cadillac converter? 😂

torga

Autocross Champion
Did you mean the Cadillac converter? 😂
Exhaust gases through one end, Eldorado out the other. Can't beat deals like that! Alchemy!