GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
when in doubt, stabbing with a screwdriver and making a mess will remove an oil filter. #jeepthings

Phur

Autocross Champion
I had to resort to that on lady phur’s old Corolla once.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
I tore into the dash (again). I haven't been able to settle on a head unit that I want, and had to dig a cable out that belongs with the stereo I just sold, that I foolishly left installed.

IMG_7161.jpg

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I put in new plugs old ones looked like shit

Attachments

• 20210330_161839.jpg
    20210330_161839.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Got a lot of work done on the car today. Did writeup of it on my build thread (in my signature if you haven't noticed). Just gonna post stuff there so I don't double post massive things every time I get something done on it.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I'm so excited for this weekend and the parts
that willl be installed. got my super pro ball joints today.

Attachments

• PXL_20210331_004701431~3.jpg
    PXL_20210331_004701431~3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42

Phur

Autocross Champion
Changed the oil, cleaned the CAI, and did a thorough maintenance wash.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I forgot to mention, when i changed out my plugs yesterday i got a chance to try out my new borescope.

So much carbon built up around the edges of the pistons. I was actually pretty surprised. Im at 83k miles with a -3 chain stretch right now so I figured im going to do chains around 100k... ill probably end up tearing the whole motor down and clean/rebuild honestly. Had my valves cleaned at around 60k so hopefully those arent as bad, didnt take a look yet though.

I just want forever clean internals is that so hard to ask?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I forgot to mention, when i changed out my plugs yesterday i got a chance to try out my new borescope.

So much carbon built up around the edges of the pistons. I was actually pretty surprised. Im at 83k miles with a -3 chain stretch right now so I figured im going to do chains around 100k... ill probably end up tearing the whole motor down and clean/rebuild honestly. Had my valves cleaned at around 60k so hopefully those arent as bad, didnt take a look yet though.

unfortunate design issue, youll never have clean insides.

might be able to keep the current chains until 110k, i made it to 120k.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

Water meth my dude

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I'm a believer in adding Chevron Techron to the tank every few tankful's. I know it won't touch the carbon on the valves, but it may help the injectors & piston tops.