GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
People gonna get angry about this but I bought just the diaphragm at local parts store for $20. That was 80k miles ago. No my RMS hasn't blown out and yes I drive the piss out of it.

What's up man!?
Ha, that's one way to do it! I gotta pop it open to see if it's the diaphragm that failed or something else.

Been a wild spring that's for sure. Will have to jump out to DFW and do some pulls before I PCS to Virginia. I think you'd like the e30 + WMI setup ;)

FYI those Porsche 18z's are still kickin just fine 🤣

notovicrious

Drag Race Newbie
Shout to FCPEuro for the super duper fast shipment. IABED RMS from ECS, DSG oil pan service this weekend...
20210504_174710.jpg
a sticker woulda been nice though...🤷🏼‍♂️

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Ha, that's one way to do it! I gotta pop it open to see if it's the diaphragm that failed or something else.

Been a wild spring that's for sure. Will have to jump out to DFW and do some pulls before I PCS to Virginia. I think you'd like the e30 + WMI setup ;)

Dang, didn't know you got wmi. Guess your liking it?

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Dang, didn't know you got wmi. Guess your liking it?
Yep, snagged a kit off an OG mk6 member who was finally switching away from the platform. He gave me the whole setup for about $125. There's a distributor local to me here that sells 1gal 99.99% pure methanol for $9 lol

GolNat

Autocross Champion

What is PCS and when you coming to VA?!

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
He's changing duty stations

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Springs be settling. Gonna raise the rear up half an inch or so by reinstalling just the base of the rear perches without the adjustment ring. Should be perfect height. Also going to get some spacers so the wheels sit a little more flush.

sportwagen looks lifted by comparison

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Removed the OEM bushing under the rear springs, replaced with H&R perch with collar spun all the way down.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

Blakcard

Drag Racing Champion
Whaaaaaalp
started like every other morning, except it wasnt trash day so I took them bags back in. Should have went to sleep right then... but, I didn't.

On my way to work, dark roads, fogs on...clearly saw a dead skunk right in the path of my right front wheel.
SO I side stepped that puppy.
Whew!
Cruising along at about 82km/h when a big ass bug just splatted on my windshield. I mead the amount of guts that just clung to the wiper blade as I squirted more and more fluid at the glass was unbelieveable but no biggie it cleared off and naturally i just kept on driving.
Up up up, down down down... round the corner, blind hill and holy what in the entire noooo shiiiiit dammit!!!

Ran over two opossums. Just sitting there.... frig. Just two quiet pathumps and it was over. Sigh.

well....10 mins of driving later and i was at work. reversed into my usual spot and got out. Locked her up and headed in... took a backward glance and there it was. Held on by one screw. dragging on the ground like an over worked hooker with a broken heel, cigarette in her mouth and a distant look.
My chin strap was busted.
So, i gave it a firm yank....tossed it in the hatch and I guess back to the drawing board.
Tomorrow will be a touchless car wash with underspray before i get under there to re-install the lip.

How was your day?

Oh... and like 6 employees decided they didnt want to work today...but that's a whole different story for another day now.