What did you do to your MK6 today?

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Speaking of the unibrace. ECS just came out with a nice looking unit

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
*edit* they want $400 for it though..... I hope it sells, but they’re asking TyrolSport money for it. I feel like the sweet spot for this was about $300.
380 for the ecs vs 455 for the unibrace. I agree it's too close but knowing ecs it will be on sale soon enough for 2/3 the price which would bring it down to around 250 which I think it's much more attractive.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
380 for the ecs vs 455 for the unibrace. I agree it's too close but knowing ecs it will be on sale soon enough for 2/3 the price which would bring it down to around 250 which I think it's much more attractive.
Yeah I thought about that too, ECS stuff is almost always on “sale.” This will almost certainly be under $300 soon enough.

Thumper

Autocross Champion

So these arrived Friday after a 6 week wait (Suez debacle evidently screwed up their raw material supply line), they will go on next weekend along with EBC Yellows.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Went for a drive, thrashed it a bit.... no signs of coolant leaking anywhere.

Got a weird intermittent clunking noise at the front going over bumps and irregular pavement though, can feel it through the pedals and seat but not the steering, noise coming from both sides..... I’m guessing something with the swaybar is loose. Maybe a bad end link...

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Got my new bump stops in, dealer wanted an absolutely outrageous $50 per, so i went with ones from ECS for $5 a piece.

Everything torqued to spec, ride height looks good. Went for 30 mile drive over shit NJ roads, no clunks, bangs, creaks, pops, or groans.

H&R Street Performance Coilovers:

Ride quality is excellent. It is stiffer than the stock set up but just as comfortable. Combined with my rear sway, body roll seems all but eliminated. Ive tried lots of suspension brands, from bottom barrel Racelands for $300 to KWs w adjustable dampening for $2000. These feel, initially at least, to ride about as good as the KWs. Of course adjustable dampening is always better but these are damped really well from the factory. As a note, when I pulled back the dust covers from the struts it revealed that these are actually Bilstein tubes. Never knew that.

I also installed new strut mounts from ECS which are supposedly 'heavy duty' with poly instead of rubber, so I expected some increased NVH from that but so far nothing.

The words id use to describe the ride are; planted, stable, firm, and comfortable.

Anyway thats my short review. I paid $888 (now listed $1076) for the coils and $102 (now listed $96) for the mounts.

Oh and since im done tweaking I was able to finally put in my new rain tray. So fresh!

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
As a note, when I pulled back the dust covers from the struts it revealed that these are actually Bilstein tubes. Never knew that.
Neat. Sounds like these are basically Bilstein PSSs tuned to H&R spec. Also, damper adjustment is a bit of an overrated feature if you’re not going to be swapping spring rates. Bump adjustment can be nice if you’re going to make big changes to unsprung weight, and rebound adjustment is necessary if you’re messing with spring rates, but a non adjustable setup is fine as long as the engineers who tuned them did it right.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Good monday mornin yall. Hope you all called yo mamas yesterday.