GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Okay so... my car ran great for two whole days aside from the new suspension clunk that I'm 75% sure is a swaybar end link.

Today a coil-pack shit itself. So that's cool.

I wonder what will be next... the alternator? Water pump?
Dream a bit bigger... timing chain, balance shaft, oil starvation

Phur

Autocross Champion
Okay so... my car ran great for two whole days aside from the new suspension clunk that I'm 75% sure is a swaybar end link.

Today a coil-pack shit itself. So that's cool.

I wonder what will be next... the alternator? Water pump?
Gonna swing for the new APR coils?

aregister

Ready to race!
Goddammit another rattle in the suspension. Either a brand new swaybar link is bad or a strut is making noise.

I just want to enjoy my car for a while without having to crawl underneath it after every single drive.
Bro, the struggle is real. I did an AWD conversion and the suspension clunks are my life now. I've just accepted it and aim for potholes, speedbumps, and road hazards. Best case scenario it makes it so bad I can actually find what is making the noise lol

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Well… timing chain is brand new and I keep an eye on the oil level. How often do balance shafts go bad? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anyone having that kind of problem.
I don't think it's really a common issue, most times I've seen people post about it is after they've built the engine and i'm assuming messed up the re-installation or something

torga

Autocross Champion
Screenshot_20211128-111359.png

Lenses polished and installed. Hopefully making a PPF installation appointment for this week. These Osrams are gorggg.

c31561

Go Kart Champion
I did my first paint correction on my Shadow Blue GTI. Nice results for a first timer, but I will give props to those who do this a lot. That was an all day event and my back was killing me. And it was dark by the time I finisher, so no pic, can’t wait to get it out in the sun.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Found the last parts I had ordered while I was away. Still waiting on tires to get in before moving forwards with stuff.

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
View attachment 231526

Lenses polished and installed. Hopefully making a PPF installation appointment for this week. These Osrams are gorggg.
How difficult are they to install? And if you don't mind my asking, how much did you buy them for and where?

I want to get new headlights at some point, but I'd like to upgrade to LED.

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
I know ECS Tuning gets a bad rap, but I've never had a bad experience with them.

Just got a new sunglasses holder and replaced it. It's these little things that makes the car feel a bit more complete for me. Over the past year, I've replaced the sunglasses holder, the door trim (4 doors), the center trim (by the shifter). One day maybe I'll get the door cards re-upholstered and maybe the seats.