GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
In preparation for spring shakedown activities I ordered a replacement for my leaking washer fluid reservoir. Mine can only take maybe half a bottle before leaking all over the ground.

FCP Euro has them on clearance and above the free shipping price point.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
In preparation for spring shakedown activities I ordered a replacement for my leaking washer fluid reservoir. Mine can only take maybe half a bottle before leaking all over the ground.

FCP Euro has them on clearance and above the free shipping price point.
I had to replace mine years ago because the filler neck cracked. I ended up with one that had a hole in it meant for a different model and had to get creative with a random rubber freeze plugs to get it to seal.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I had to replace mine years ago because the filler neck cracked. I ended up with one that had a hole in it meant for a different model and had to get creative with a random rubber freeze plugs to get it to seal.
I almost bought one for a golf r but the geometry of the tank is different. Would have works if I have a 2.5 or TDI but the GTI one is unique for mk6.

jedred1

jedred1

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
The weather needs to warm up. I havent driven my GTI in a week+ cuz its on extreme summer tires and i don't want to die. Once the temp gets above 45-50 I'm gonna rip it.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
The weather needs to warm up. I havent driven my GTI in a week+ cuz its on extreme summer tires and i don't want to die. Once the temp gets above 45-50 I'm gonna rip it.
If there’s no moisture I’ll drive mine down to about 25 degrees, but I’m a psycho. I’d take them out in colder weather but Yokohama says I could damage the tire if they get colder than that and aren’t given time to warm back up before use.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
25 degrees you are a mad man! They're like hockey pucks at that temp

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Satan is an engineer and he works for Volkswagen's interior design division.

fml the upper b-pillar panels are a nightmare. It took me at least an hour to realize I could line up the rearward tabs by looking through the window. Another problem created by a shop I paid to do work has been solved...

also, fuck that stupid screw. It's not going back in until I get a magnetic torx driver.

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Satan is an engineer and he works for Volkswagen's interior design division.

fml the upper b-pillar panels are a nightmare. It took me at least an hour to realize I could line up the rearward tabs by looking through the window. Another problem created by a shop I paid to do work has been solved...

also, fuck that stupid screw. It's not going back in until I get a magnetic torx driver.
Just need something sticky on the tip of your torx, butyl works well or double sided tape gum playdough get creative.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Just need something sticky on the tip of your torx, butyl works well or double sided tape gum playdough get creative.
Well that sounds like something a smart person would do. I’ll give it a try because I have to pull the other side too.

After the headliner was fixed the seat belt height adjusters were left non functional. On one hand I appreciate that it’s tricky to get everything lined back up, on the other hand this is literally their job and with as many VW headliner repairs the average auto upholstery shop likely has to do it’s irritating to have to go back in after them.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Well that sounds like something a smart person would do. I’ll give it a try because I have to pull the other side too.

After the headliner was fixed the seat belt height adjusters were left non functional. On one hand I appreciate that it’s tricky to get everything lined back up, on the other hand this is literally their job and with as many VW headliner repairs the average auto upholstery shop likely has to do it’s irritating to have to go back in after them.
This is exactly why I did the r&r myself... The guy at the shop said "we could have done it for you, we do a ton of them and really quick" No thanks guy

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
This is exactly why I did the r&r myself... The guy at the shop said "we could have done it for you, we do a ton of them and really quick" No thanks guy
I was dropping off my mk6 to have the front bumper repaired a few years ago. I am watching their employee scrub a car with a broom of sorts and am horrified. I told them no need to wash the car, didn't want to have a debate with a body shop over proper care of clear coat.

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
I was dropping off my mk6 to have the front bumper repaired a few years ago. I am watching their employee scrub a car with a broom of sorts and am horrified. I told them no need to wash the car, didn't want to have a debate with a body shop over proper care of clear coat.
Our body shop detailer uses the same broom, it's a really soft car wash brush. So it's not wrong, But I totally agree I would never use it on my car. It's just a lazy car wash tool.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Reminds me of some random detailing video I watched on YouTube where a guy talked about how he once showed a body shop how to properly polish a car and the body shop guys were amazed at how much better the paint looked.

Bruh... how can you work at a body shop and not know what a dual action polisher is for?