GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I'm surprised the clutch didn't come with it. Most of the time they include it. I've tossed about 30 of them over the years because I have a nicer metal alignment tool. The ones they give are plastic and don't have the same tolerance
It may have but a shop did the original install and I didn't get it from them unfortunately

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Happened yesterday, but still feeling pretty accomplished. Finally put time aside to polish and coat the GTI. A/C in the garage was a life saver in July.

IMG_8908.JPG

IMG_8911.JPG

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Decided to yolo the clutch. The 3d print failed part way through and I didn't want to wait to try again. Used a socket with a bolt in it that fit pretty well. Also from how it looks is if the trans slides in and it's off center at all, the first time you press the clutch pedal it should center itself since there's no pressure from the pressure plate right?

Gave the dust shield a little snip so I didn't have to take the flywheel back off, don't think it'll be an issue at all. Also they sent me 2 so now I have a second one.

Shop said they wanted the car as fully assembled as possible for the exhaust manifold so I started to throw everything back on. All the hoses from the water pump on:

Throttle body and dv relocate on:

Aux coolant pump on. I need to bolt that holds the bracket to the block but i'll just order that when I pick up the other bolts from VW tomorrow. Hoping tomorrow I can get the trans mated up along with the Stratified charge pipe.

Tossed on the motor mount bracket loosely just to make sure all my hoses were routed right. Going to replace the bolts and torque it down when I get them tomorrow:

torga

Autocross Champion
Decided to yolo the clutch. The 3d print failed part way through and I didn't want to wait to try again. Used a socket with a bolt in it that fit pretty well. Also from how it looks is if the trans slides in and it's off center at all, the first time you press the clutch pedal it should center itself since there's no pressure from the pressure plate right?

Gave the dust shield a little snip so I didn't have to take the flywheel back off, don't think it'll be an issue at all. Also they sent me 2 so now I have a second one.

Shop said they wanted the car as fully assembled as possible for the exhaust manifold so I started to throw everything back on. All the hoses from the water pump on:

Throttle body and dv relocate on:

Aux coolant pump on. I need to bolt that holds the bracket to the block but i'll just order that when I pick up the other bolts from VW tomorrow. Hoping tomorrow I can get the trans mated up along with the Stratified charge pipe.

Tossed on the motor mount bracket loosely just to make sure all my hoses were routed right. Going to replace the bolts and torque it down when I get them tomorrow:

I did the same thing to the dust shield. Two years later, I haven't blown up.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I gotta get a fluidampr when I grow up. Cosmetics until Waterfest, btw ticket sales are live!

I’m going to try and make it up there 1 of the days.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
I did the same thing to the dust shield. Two years later, I haven't blown up.
Same, except I did blow up 😅 Somehow though I doubt a snip in the dust shield caused me to spin a bearing.

PXL_20220712_012558153.jpg

Sprayed the knuckle, installed the bearing and loosely installed the ball joint. Buuutt.....

PXL_20220712_012714929.jpg

Advice on extracting this end mill bit? I only have a drill, and it's jumping. Definitely reaching obstacles with seized bolts on this build. It's that exact reason I want to respray everything and get a quality rustproofing this fall.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Spit on it

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
Same, except I did blow up 😅 Somehow though I doubt a snip in the dust shield caused me to spin a bearing.

View attachment 255102
Sprayed the knuckle, installed the bearing and loosely installed the ball joint. Buuutt.....

View attachment 255103
Advice on extracting this end mill bit? I only have a drill, and it's jumping. Definitely reaching obstacles with seized bolts on this build. It's that exact reason I want to respray everything and get a quality rustproofing this fall.
Time for aluminum passat uprights with your new wheel hubs?

smanierre

Autocross Champion