GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

zrickety

The Fixer
@jay745 we're going to pull the fire-breathing k04 out of my old mk6 that my friend's wife wrecked. Suspension, exhaust, etc too, it should be an easy fix.
Does anyone know if we can swap the tuned ecu, or do I need Mr. Robot to hack it?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
@jay745 we're going to pull the fire-breathing k04 out of my old mk6 that my friend's wife wrecked. Suspension, exhaust, etc too, it should be an easy fix.
Does anyone know if we can swap the tuned ecu, or do I need Mr. Robot to hack it?
You'll need to immo defeat the ecu but it should be doable.

zrickety

The Fixer

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Your quarter panel will look like bacon.
When I looked at fender flare options (my backup for when I inevitably fucked up my quarter panels) I just wasn't feeling any of them, so I pulled the spindles off my parts car and brought them to the shop. I love the OEM shape, and I'm sure I'll go wider eventually and I'll learn to love it, but today is not that day. Ty to all who steered me away from a royal fuckup.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
The guy told me the battery was almost new and the car had been sitting since June...turns out he meant June of 2020. Registration expired Jan 21. Battery is 2018 lol
The difference between cars in the north and south-

IMG_20230417_164705765_HDR.jpg

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
When I looked at fender flare options (my backup for when I inevitably fucked up my quarter panels) I just wasn't feeling any of them

I know this is off topic of the thread (and different strokes for different folks) but IMO flared rears should be fabbed on our cars because of the booty shape

zrickety

The Fixer
I know this is off topic of the thread (and different strokes for different folks) but IMO flared rears should be fabbed on our cars because of the booty shape
Someone has a baby blue 2.5 with flares all around, I lost the pic but it looked amazing.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Someone has a baby blue 2.5 with flares all around, I lost the pic but it looked amazing.

Fabbed?

My issue with bolt-on flares for MK5 and 6 is that particularly in the rear I think they clash too much with the curviness of the body shape, and then the car is left looking "cheap." They're too abrupt, I guess.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
I don't dislike that, but I want to have my car back and appreciate it once again before taking a cutoff wheel to it. If I'm going widebody, it needs to be moulded on. I actually took my last job with the whole purpose of learning how to work with fiberglass so I can fabricate my own body panels and widebody when the time does come

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Had XPEL protective film installed , should have done it when I got the tails years ago oh well. $100 for both . Got to keep the OEM led tails in pristine condition. Lol

Was curious how much it would cost to have the full car XPEL protected . Quote was 5500 . I was thinking it was going to be around 3k. Which I was considering. But 5500k is a bit much.

Hard to tell but here is a pic

Attachments

• PXL_20230418_175511600.jpg
    PXL_20230418_175511600.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 37

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Had XPEL protective film installed , should have done it when I got the tails years ago oh well. $100 for both . Got to keep the OEM led tails in pristine condition. Lol

Was curious how much it would cost to have the full car XPEL protected . Quote was 5500 . I was thinking it was going to be around 3k. Which I was considering. But 5500k is a bit much.

Hard to tell but here is a pic
shop around... get at least 5-10 quotes from different sources. That's a lot... at least to me it is.