GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

x315

Passed Driver's Ed
Might be a stupid question but why not just buy the media in usb cable and connect it right there in the arm rest?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
I have an aftermarket head unit so the MDI is completely useless to me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Diluted

Ready to race!
Had a bit of a scare today. Got in the car and turned on the ignition, every light in the car was pretty much showing as failed. Calmed myself down and took to the forums. Found that it was probably a blown fuse 16 under the hood. Sure enough it was.

I go get a new fuse, come home and replace it, lights are good. Then the car basically died, pretty much every system had fault codes. I tried to start the car back up and the starter just clicked. Calmed myself down again and hit the forums once more, probably the battery. Sure enough it was (I kinda figured mine was gonna go, almost 6yrs on the original).

All codes are cleared and the car seems to be back to normal.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Had a bit of a scare today. Got in the car and turned on the ignition, every light in the car was pretty much showing as failed. Calmed myself down and took to the forums. Found that it was probably a blown fuse 16 under the hood. Sure enough it was.

I go get a new fuse, come home and replace it, lights are good. Then the car basically died, pretty much every system had fault codes. I tried to start the car back up and the starter just clicked. Calmed myself down again and hit the forums once more, probably the battery. Sure enough it was (I kinda figured mine was gonna go, almost 6yrs on the original).

All codes are cleared and the car seems to be back to normal.

Glad it was a simple fix. Have a good weekend [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trytun

Go Kart Champion

Bought and installed a roof rack and fairing. Cleaned it and the ride and loving how it looks. Very happy!

Trytun

Go Kart Champion

Diluted

Ready to race!

Bought and installed a roof rack and fairing. Cleaned it and the ride and loving how it looks. Very happy!

Looking good! I really love the way roof racks look, I just don't have the need for one.

GTE Age

Passed Driver's Ed
Last night I routed a USB extension from the arm rest to my head unit from underneath the cupholders.

Today, I tapped into the 12v cigarette lighter to hardwire my qi phone mount. Routed the power cord through the vent. So much cleaner now that the cord is hidden for the most part.

I did the same thing but i chopped a little block out of the MDI block at the top and the bottom of it and installed a USB port inside. The cable is routed through the centre console up to my head unit as the USB cable it came with is really short and cannot be detached from the unit. The USB port will require soldering however. Please ignore the scratches. Its what happens when you are trying to plug things while driving:middle finger:
[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_0299.JPG
    IMG_0299.JPG
    259.1 KB · Views: 213

x315

Passed Driver's Ed
I did the same thing but i chopped a little block out of the MDI block at the top and the bottom of it and installed a USB port inside. The cable is routed through the centre console up to my head unit as the USB cable it came with is really short and cannot be detached from the unit. The USB port will require soldering however. Please ignore the scratches. Its what happens when you are trying to plug things while driving:middle finger:
[/ATTACH]
Nice! I tried pulling the mdi box out but couldn't figure out how to.

ImitationMan

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed red coil packs and spark plugs this weekend. I had the car back about 6 feet from where it normally is parked in the garage so the overhead light was shining into the engine bay and I notice dark drips on the garage floor. Stuck my phone underneath to take a picture and discovered coolant dripping from the skid plates and dried coolant all over the under body. I'm now a member of the waterpump club!

And I washed it because it was so filthy I was having trouble seeing out the windows.

csperry

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed red coil packs and spark plugs this weekend. I had the car back about 6 feet from where it normally is parked in the garage so the overhead light was shining into the engine bay and I notice dark drips on the garage floor. Stuck my phone underneath to take a picture and discovered coolant dripping from the skid plates and dried coolant all over the under body. I'm now a member of the waterpump club!

And I washed it because it was so filthy I was having trouble seeing out the windows.

Welcome to the club! Water pump at 27k, clutch at 42k