GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

iAhhMaze

Go Kart Champion
Zip tie! No seriously, this is what I did. Most boost taps have a notch so you just zip tie it just a little after the notch so it can't move. There's definitely no clamp small enough lol

With the intercooler hoses, does Unitronic not use good clamps? I've been a fan of my Breeze clamps.
Ill be dead honest never cross my mind to use a dang zip tie. As for the intercooler hoses i have a GSP intercooler and the clamp got lose over time ill probably get some new ones when i re do my front bumper.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

oatzel

Ready to race!
Hit 50k. Yesterday actually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirClimax

Ready to race!
I need to change my oil soon and don't feel like dealing with a jack or ramps. What oil extractors are you guys using?

believeNsteve

Took out my air filter out of my carbonio intake. Didn't clean it last year, was shocked how much small debris was on it. Cleaned it and waiting for it to dry then gonna oil it. Thinking I might see a slight boost in performance as the amount of leaves and shit on it had to be affecting how she breathed.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Took out my air filter out of my carbonio intake. Didn't clean it last year, was shocked how much small debris was on it. Cleaned it and waiting for it to dry then gonna oil it. Thinking I might see a slight boost in performance as the amount of leaves and shit on it had to be affecting how she breathed.

i bought a second filter and rotate them so i don't need to wait for re-install. just a thought.

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
How long do you all wait for an air filter cleaning/replacement? I've always thought 15-20k miles is acceptable (depending on where you drive of course - more dusty areas would require more cleaning).

believeNsteve

I have a ridiculous amount of trees in my nieghborhood/area and find that every time I have taken it out there is alot of busted up leaves/those little helicopter things on it. I try to at least open it up and check it out yearly but didn't last year. Going out on the highway later for a bit so I'm curious if there is any noticeable change in pick-up now that it is clean.

mexicanwaldo

Go Kart Champion
Had a productive morning [emoji16][emoji1598]
Kawika (krz_hayn) came over and helped a brother out with install of my Unibrace XB

[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]
It's so awesome. Turns are so much easier and the flex is practically gone lol

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Im jelly. Looks great!

Bill19751

Ready to race!
I need to change my oil soon and don't feel like dealing with a jack or ramps. What oil extractors are you guys using?
Pela 6000.

http://www.pelaproducts.com/

I know some people are against these, but honestly, I've done it both ways and don't see a downside.

These were originally developed for marine use, as you can't really drain the oil with a boat since its in the water. With my last car, even the factory repair info in the Bentley manual said it was OK to do this. Twice I've done a change with mine and pulled the drain plug, and it was maybe a few ounces at best. On one occasion, nothing extra came out at all.

Of course, it's still good to get under the car and give things a good visual inspection. Either way, with the drain plug not being obscured by the belly pan, and the filter being on top, I suspect oil changes will be much easier on this car.

DarianBx3

Ready to race!
Pela 6000.

http://www.pelaproducts.com/

I know some people are against these, but honestly, I've done it both ways and don't see a downside.

These were originally developed for marine use, as you can't really drain the oil with a boat since its in the water. With my last car, even the factory repair info in the Bentley manual said it was OK to do this. Twice I've done a change with mine and pulled the drain plug, and it was maybe a few ounces at best. On one occasion, nothing extra came out at all.

Of course, it's still good to get under the car and give things a good visual inspection. Either way, with the drain plug not being obscured by the belly pan, and the filter being on top, I suspect oil changes will be much easier on this car.

+1

I got one off Amazon for $35 with prime shipping.