GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

torga

Autocross Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Their rear emblem inlay is soooo good. Even on my black car, it made a difference.

Nice!! I didn’t bother with my rear one since my car is black but I’ll add one to my cart next time I’m ordering. I blacked out the VW emblem but I don’t think I like it so going back to chrome and adding the inlay might do the trick.

With the CW on the Jetta it made a nice improvement. Looks more premium now or something.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I just ordered the rear Texas flag inlay. Some of the cts-v guys had these custom emblems made that had the flag in there and I liked the way it looked. I like the chrome, just the plastic is faded. Also scooped up some engine mounts, fancy car wash soap, and a key cover to try out. Big $$$ lol

torga

Autocross Champion
Installed my APR catback today. The short of it is, the APR sounds beautiful and the Beluga sounds like someone screaming - full deets in my build thread.
I am really, really happy with this exhaust. The full APR TBE is a wonderful sound.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
My state flag is lame lol. Maryland and Texas look cool.

Installed APR Pendulum Mount last night and changed the oil with some RedLine 5w-40 and Mann filter. I only backed the car off the ramps and let it idle until it kicked down to normal idle but it was as smooth as butter. Excited to take it for a drive and see how the mount feels. It’s rainy though so she is staying in the garage for now.

torga

Autocross Champion
Broke down and ordered eibach pro kit. It was on amazon for 184. I'll just wait to install them until I get some shocks/struts
Nice!! That's a great price!

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
I just ordered the rear Texas flag inlay. Some of the cts-v guys had these custom emblems made that had the flag in there and I liked the way it looked. I like the chrome, just the plastic is faded. Also scooped up some engine mounts, fancy car wash soap, and a key cover to try out. Big $$$ lol

Gotta represent! My old Jetta:

Capture.PNG

Now I'm on the West Coast but I figured my Texas plates are enough ;)

Phur

Autocross Champion
Mounted the winter tyres on the Watkins Glen wheels

You've got a gorgeous ED35! Quick question... are your lower center grills and fog light surrounds gloss black or the satin off-black like a regular GTI? Does the OEM lip match the color/texture of the fog light surrounds or the rear diffuser? It's hard to tell with the colors that the ED35 comes in. I just recently bought the bumper and side skirts. It will be a few months before the bumper comes in, but am trying to think ahead with the grills and rear diffuser.

Edy.Ct

Go Kart Champion
@Phur Thank you! The front lip comes painted gloss black from the factory (like the side mirrors). The grills are just regular unpainted plastic like on the regular GTI bumper. If you bought the bumper new the lip is probably going to come primed, not painted

Phur

Autocross Champion
I'm running ProKits with Konis. Great combo, good for both road and track.
I totally agree. I got the Special Actives with BFI caster + control arm bushings. It feels like a completely different car! Better in every way!

Phur

Autocross Champion
@Phur Thank you! The front lip comes painted gloss black from the factory (like the side mirrors). The grills are just regular unpainted plastic like on the regular GTI bumper. If you bought the bumper new the lip is probably going to come primed, not painted
Thank you for the quick reply. ECS said that it is gloss, and looks like it from the photo. I couldn't tell if it was textured or not, true black or off-black though.