GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
Got my resonator delete done. I was a little nervous since people tend to either love or hate their res deletes, but I took a chance and I think it paid off. It's pretty much everything I was expecting, so I'm happy with it so far.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Got my resonator delete done. I was a little nervous since people tend to either love or hate their res deletes, but I took a chance and I think it paid off. It's pretty much everything I was expecting, so I'm happy with it so far.

Can’t beat it for the price! I love mine! Do you have a down pipe?

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
I installed the H&R 26mm front sway bar on Saturday. OMG what a huge PITA that was. :mad: I couldn't get the bar out with the bushings in place so I wound up dropping the subframe. I wound up taking about 5 hours. While I was taking it apart the 12mm bolt on the passenger side LCA felt bad coming out. Sure enough when I put it back together that hole in the chassis stripped. :mad::mad::mad: I did some research and ordered a Time-Sert kit to repair it. The kit should be here tomorrow. Thankfully I've drilled and tapped hundreds of holes so I'm hoping to get it done tomorrow night.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Have someone coming to do a ceramic coating of the car my new wheels next week. Then I'll get some new rubber put on the wheels and post some pics for everyone :D

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I went with 18x8 Neuspeed RSE10 Satin Gunmetal. Excited to get them on.
Please post some pics once you get them on the car. Im considering getting the wheels aswell.
Thanks!!

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Ordered stage 2 upgraded credit from integrated Engineering ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200121-022353.png
    Screenshot_20200121-022353.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 93

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
Can’t beat it for the price! I love mine! Do you have a down pipe?

No, the exhaust it stock otherwise. I do have an intake, though, and I think the sounds complement each other.

Plus soundaktor delete, of course :)

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
I repaired the hole in the chassis with the Time-Sert kit. It went pretty smooth. I dropped the arm F/R and pulled the rear LCA off. Next I drilled, tapped and inserted the hole. While I was in there I regreased the front bushing on the arm because for some reason that side was dry and squeaking. The worst part was tapping the hole. I needed a bigger tap wrench and wound up using a Crescent wrench to get the last half done. I got it all back together in about 1.5 hours.

I took it for a test drive. It's a lot more direct now. With just a RSB the car felt like it would transfer the weight from the inside rear to the outside front then start turning. Now it starts turning and then I can feel the weight transfer a little more progressively.

Last edited:

Phur

Autocross Champion
A05E6D34-B9CF-41A6-9AB6-83A469F40D8C.jpeg

I rolled over 100k only 8 days after I rolled over 40 years. ?

torga

Autocross Champion

R^2

Ready to race!
The R is currently under the knife:
APR stage 1+
Racingline CAI
APR short shifter / shift braket
034 shifter bushings
APR pendulum mount w/ upper and lower dog bone inserts
SupraAloy LCA / AWK

-Cant wait for the long drive back to where I was. It’s going to feel like a different animal.

torga

Autocross Champion
The R is currently under the knife:
APR stage 1+
Racingline CAI
APR short shifter / shift braket
034 shifter bushings
APR pendulum mount w/ upper and lower dog bone inserts
SupraAloy LCA / AWK

-Cant wait for the long drive back to where I was. It’s going to feel like a different animal.
A good short shifter with those bushings really makes a word of difference. Curious to hear how the APR kit feels.
The pendulum mount plus 034's upper & lower inserts made an immediate difference with my shift feel, primarily 1st engagement.