GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Bought it as a project car in 2018 with only 15k on it :)

Guy I bought it from got it new, then moved a few blocks from his work. Never drove it after.

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
I bought mine from a couple of engineers. They bought it as a fun third vehicle but never had time to drive it. I’ve put 24500 miles on it since July 2018. I’m only commuting 3 days a week now. I used to do that many miles in a year.

How. How. Did the first owner die and their car was locked in their garage and no one knew for 6 years? Are you that old lady who only drives it church on Sunday?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Finished Podi boost gauge install... Spulen boost tap looks like it's not even there. Ran the hose along the ground and into the tray under the battery. Wiring I did under the dash isn't the cleanest but it works... Time to get a tune on this turd

32,800 mile 2013

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Nice to know that there are other lower mileage gtis on here. However I have to be honest I'm just as impressed when I read about higher mileage ones ?.

Recorded clips of a cold start and some revs this afternoon. Loving the exhaust setup . Stock dp and neuspeeed catback was nice. However adding the downpipe definitely made it better. Quiet when in D mode and normal driving, loud enough in manual to put a smile on my face.

Plan is to get some drive by shots at some point.

But for now here are some revs

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Sounds nice!! I like it ?

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
So I did a thing...

OZ Alleggerita HLT SE 18X8 ET48
IMG_7297.jpg

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
I installed the Brembo GT BBK a while back and wound up needing spacers. The smallest spacers you can buy that are hub centric are 10mm. The new tires are 235/40/18 and with the spacer I'm getting a bit of a rub under high cornering loads. I thought it over for a day or two and realized that the wheels have a 72.6mm bore. I ordered a set of 3mm spacers with a 66.6mm bore. Then I turned a set of hub rings that have a 72.6mm OD, a 57.4mm bore and have a step on the back that is 66.6mm to match the spacers. This will buy 7mm of clearance. I think that will be enough to clear the new tires.

Attachments

• IMG_7299.jpg
    IMG_7299.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_7298.jpg
    IMG_7298.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 103

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
After 6 months of sitting in the garage, finally got my ported and polished unitronic K04 installed along with IE K04 file. Did a few pulls here and there to get a feel for it and I'm loving it.
Next week ill be installing my koni yellows with DG springs.
I also picked up a set of konig hypergrams 17x8 to replace my VMR v701(225/40/18 indy 500). Thinking about going with Michelin Pilot sport AS3+
FE3FDFAF-A587-46CA-B470-3F66791179AF.jpeg

49535E80-D548-4A14-AD82-C08E5F8FB743.jpeg

3087F94A-5B31-4EC2-BE90-D36362A003C3.jpeg

Last edited:

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
After 6 months of sitting in the garage, finally got my ported and polished unitronic K04 installed along with IE K04 file. Did a few pulls here and there to get a feel for it and I'm loving it.
I also picked up a set of konig hypergrams 17x8 to replace my VMR v701(225/40/18 indy 500). Thinking about going with Michelin Pilot sport AS3+View attachment 164976
View attachment 164977

View attachment 164978
K04 and those wheels look fantastic ?
You'll definitely like the AS3+'s great tire's

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I also picked up a set of konig hypergrams 17x8 to replace my VMR v701(225/40/18 indy 500). Thinking about going with Michelin Pilot sport AS3+View attachment 164976
View attachment 164977
View attachment 164978
Where did you get it P&Ped?

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
K04 and those wheels look fantastic ?
You'll definitely like the AS3+'s great tire's

thank, im debating if I should get it powder coated one wheel is curbed and the others have small imperfections. Not sure if its worth $450 to get them powered coated of maybe just puck up one single wheel.
Yes, the reviews are great and Costco has a pretty good promotion on them right now. About 550 out the door
Where did you get it P&Ped?

Ruben at Socal porting. He's highly recommend. And he was only 10 mins from my house in Neuvo,CA

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
View attachment 164977
View attachment 164978
Man I'm dying to go k04. Congrats!!!

Question.. if you live in Cali any reason you're not going full summer tires but choosing all seasons? Don't get me wrong, I loved my AS3+ but after driving my buddies '13 stock suspension on sticky Indy 500's on stock rims I'm getting a set.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Man I'm dying to go k04. Congrats!!!

Question.. if you live in Cali any reason you're not going full summer tires but choosing all seasons? Don't get me wrong, I loved my AS3+ but after driving my buddies '13 stock suspension on sticky Indy 500's on stock rims I'm getting a set.

mostly because of a longer thread life and smoother ride. Dont get me wrong i loved the indy 500, but wet performance is subpar. Tbh im still deciding the general gmax rs has caught my attention. It has better wet performance slightly less grip than the indy and slightly better thread wear 340 vs 360

GolNat

Autocross Champion
mostly because of a longer thread life and smoother ride. Dont get me wrong i loved the indy 500, but wet performance is subpar. Tbh im still deciding the general gmax rs has caught my attention. It has better wet performance slightly less grip than the indy and slightly better thread wear 340 vs 360

I have the 17” General Gmax Rs and they are great for the price. I really enjoy them.