GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I got quoted $730 plus some seals if I gave them the tranny. I thought that was high but I guess not. I bought coilovers instead lol. I feel like if I didn’t draw the line somewhere I’d just go crazy.
I used a fairly well known shop in the euro scene, Achtuning. They have higher rates than other places. That being said, I dropped an lsd in my old Lancer years ago and the shop was terrible and it cost me WAY more as a result. You pay for quality. Kelly and the boys at Achtuning know their way around VAGs.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I used a fairly well known shop in the euro scene, Achtuning. They have higher rates than other places. That being said, I dropped an lsd in my old Lancer years ago and the shop was terrible and it cost me WAY more as a result. You pay for quality. Kelly and the boys at Achtuning know their way around VAGs.

I would much rather pay more for quality. I don’t live near any specialty people but New German Performane is about 1.5 hours away and that’s who I was going to take it too for the LSD. The dealer quoted me $900 for the clutch job and NGP was like $700 so the dealer wasn’t actually too bad.

Started working on my clutch tonight. Have everything off but stopped before unbolting the mount and pulling the transmission off. I’ll save that for tomorrow. Need to get some D rings for the chain too so I can use the engine brace.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Did a slightly overdue oil change this weekend. Also pulled off my o2 spacer since the code is tuned out, rather the inspector not possibly see that. Now I just gotta try to get past emissions with one monitor not set. My brake sensor wire also ripped itself out a bit so my car thinks my pads are worn. I'm just gonna deal with it for the next month or so until I get my BBK on there. Progress is slow though since most of the money i'm not saving for a house is going towards guns and computers ?‍♂️

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Did a slightly overdue oil change this weekend. Also pulled off my o2 spacer since the code is tuned out, rather the inspector not possibly see that. Now I just gotta try to get past emissions with one monitor not set. My brake sensor wire also ripped itself out a bit so my car thinks my pads are worn. I'm just gonna deal with it for the next month or so until I get my BBK on there. Progress is slow though since most of the money i'm not saving for a house is going towards guns and computers ?‍♂️
Let us know how it goes.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Should I look at getting this K04 p&p'ed before installing it? Does the p&p impact longevity?

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Should I look at getting this K04 p&p'ed before installing it? Does the p&p impact longevity?
I would! I got mine done by ruben at socal porting in Nuevo,CA as well as a PTP blanket as well. I love mine with IE K04 tune. 300 miles in and installed with 139k on the clock.

Attachments

• B35DE8C0-DD86-4308-8E90-C6DA1D5E4F3B.jpeg
    B35DE8C0-DD86-4308-8E90-C6DA1D5E4F3B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 107
  • F1A70242-8703-4650-A0FB-07AD3E85CE05.jpeg
    F1A70242-8703-4650-A0FB-07AD3E85CE05.jpeg
    716.7 KB · Views: 106
  • DE907389-E231-4901-A3E3-FC201B9FB0B7.jpeg
    DE907389-E231-4901-A3E3-FC201B9FB0B7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 110
  • 6DA7E731-1E72-4507-9C0F-8C6DC1FB46EB.jpeg
    6DA7E731-1E72-4507-9C0F-8C6DC1FB46EB.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 111
  • 0D54E69F-A54D-43AF-A3D9-71672EDD2F2E.jpeg
    0D54E69F-A54D-43AF-A3D9-71672EDD2F2E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 117

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I would! I got mine done by ruben at socal porting in Nuevo,CA as well as a PTP blanket as well. I love mine with IE K04 tune. 300 miles in and installed with 139k on the clock.
Awesome. Did you have someone test the wastegate cracking pressure and calibrate it?

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Call me crazy but it think I might go back to stage 1.

I love stage 2 , car drives fantastic. Besides the wheel hop during more aggressive driving. However I'm concerned with the added NVH I will have if I go with a APR dogbone. After countless hours of research. it seems that the aftermarket dogbone will add a very noticable amount of nvh particularly on the DSG cars.

I think I'm going to order the apr dogbone soon to see how the vibrations will be with stock engine /trans mounts and subframe mounts. I know it's not recommend but it will be temporary, If I can handle the NVH with stock mounts then I'll go ahead and upgraded motor /trans mounts and subframe mounts.

Ideally I would like to run stock dogbone with upgrade 034 engine mounts and vibratechnicks subframe mounts but as we all know the dogbone will probably snap.lol

VWR subframe mounts are tempting, cheaper than vibratechnicks but I think they will increase the NVH even more?.

So many decisions lol

Last edited:

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
You're going the wrong way. If you're worried about NVH, then don't order a dogbone mount that has a spherical ball bearing, instead go with something that has a stiffer poly bushing, like the Spulen or Torque Solutions dogbone. That will stiffen things up but still be comfortable to drive.

zrickety

The Fixer
So many decisions lol
I am running one of the VWR mounts (pass side), and NVH increased quite a bit. That said, I've read the dogbone is unnecessary, the stock one can handle whatever you throw at it. Now the subframe mount is another story. I have the HPA puck in there, and the vibration has been minimal with good performance increase. You mention wheel hop, have you looked at the LCA bushings like Superpro or Whiteline?

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I am running one of the VWR mounts (pass side), and NVH increased quite a bit. That said, I've read the dogbone is unnecessary, the stock one can handle whatever you throw at it. Now the subframe mount is another story. I have the HPA puck in there, and the vibration has been minimal with good performance increase. You mention wheel hop, have you looked at the LCA bushings like Superpro or Whiteline?
I have seen countless snapped dogbones on here. Not sure I agree with that assessment?

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
You're going the wrong way. If you're worried about NVH, then don't order a dogbone mount that has a spherical ball bearing, instead go with something that has a stiffer poly bushing, like the Spulen or Torque Solutions dogbone. That will stiffen things up but still be comfortable to drive.

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely take a look at the spulen dogbone. Found a review on the torque solutions dogbone and wasn't very pleased with the review.

I haven't looked into lca bushing since everyone seems to recommend engine /trans mounts and subframe mounts.
I'm just overthinking it at this point, lol . Car has been flawless so far and I'm afraid that my perfect daily drive won't be so perfect if nvh increases too much

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely take a look at the spulen dogbone. Found a review on the torque solutions dogbone and wasn't very pleased with the review.
There are several regular posters on here running one or the other. I went with the APR dogbone and VWR puck myself along with Torque Solutions engine and trans mounts. My NVH is no joke though.