GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

torga

Autocross Champion
Strange! I’m GIAC Stage 2 and the installer told me it will code out the O2 sensor. I have no spacer on my downpipe and my VAG-COM always shows “readiness”. I’ve passed California smog twice already on Stage 2. (I carefully select smog shops that don’t have a lift or deep recessed ground access in the garage 🙂 )
Your installer may have been misinformed or had out of date info. A previous revision of the GIAC tune indeed coded out the CEL. But I spoke with a tech at GIAC and he told me the most recent revision keeps the CEL on.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Uni's stage2 says:

"Precisely Calibrated for an Upgraded Exhaust System (Go Green - Use a Catalytic Converter) "

Not sure if this means it deletes the cel or not.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Uni's stage2 says:

"Precisely Calibrated for an Upgraded Exhaust System (Go Green - Use a Catalytic Converter) "

Not sure if this means it deletes the cel or not.

I don’t have one with my Uni tune 🤷🏼‍♂️ I’m running a spacer with the smallest insert. CBFA.

Tomsz

Tried to figure out why the rear suspension is making noise, found a hint about checking the sway bar down links. Going to try that solution. Also, polished and waxed the car, buffed the wheels with polish, changed the air filter and cabin filter. Still need to replace some running light and brake lightbulbs.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Tried to figure out why the rear suspension is making noise, found a hint about checking the sway bar down links. Going to try that solution. Also, polished and waxed the car, buffed the wheels with polish, changed the air filter and cabin filter. Still need to replace some running light and brake lightbulbs.
Do you have the stock RSB or an aftermarket RSB. Most aftermarket RSB using Polyurethane brushing than needs to be grease every X amount of miles, with H&R being an exception they use teflon lined brushing (no grease required). May want to check those out.

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Your installer may have been misinformed or had out of date info. A previous revision of the GIAC tune indeed coded out the CEL. But I spoke with a tech at GIAC and he told me the most recent revision keeps the CEL on.
Ahhhhhh....."most" recent tune is the key. I opted for the GIAC Stage 2 "track" tune, my first tune in January 2013, which eliminates the CEL. (Unclear if GIAC even offers it anymore.) I also updated to the Stage 2 high torque "track" tune, plus the option to run blended e85 fuel, back in late 2016 when some of us had to do the mandatory 24AX ECU software update at dealers in order to get the infamous pink-card signed off for state registration. (n) I'll keep enjoying the Stage 2 "track" tune and just be grateful that I don't get any CEL's and able to pass smog. 😁

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I always use a Bobby pin, I wrecked an air bag sensor when replacing my motor. Then I had to swap the cam shaft sensor with a new unit and my connector was different. Make sure both sides of Bobby pin are equal lengths i had to put it against a bench grinder to narrow it.
If you look at one that has been taken apart you will notice there are little "wings" on each pin.

Tsi_God

Go Kart Newbie
92844F80-15EB-4D0D-B14A-857DB6E886CF.jpeg

Just installed a Braille b2015 battery and couldn’t be happier!

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
15lbs huh? Whats the weight of the stock battery?