GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Hankook RS4s, 225/45-17. Very happy with them so far, good grip and I can't beat on them hard enough to get them greasy. The warmer you get them the harder they hook.
Heard a lot about these, I’ll have to try them out. How long do they last ya? I’ve had Michelin PSS before and they were awesome but not worth the cost imo for how long they lasted me

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Heard a lot about these, I’ll have to try them out. How long do they last ya? I’ve had Michelin PSS before and they were awesome but not worth the cost imo for how long they lasted me
I‘m on my first set, but after about five hours of lapping an maybe 2000 street miles they‘re just starting to look scuffed in.

@jay745 says he gets a lot of track time out of his and he’s pushing a lot more horsepower than I am.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
For anyone curious about how much room there is between the caliper and the wheel running 18x8 ET35...

Front: about 1.75”
570CDE41-6423-42D8-A534-4A3D89AFA2B3.jpeg

Rear: almost 2” even
F0A2C2EF-7EE6-4271-B006-D6A9ABD97619.jpeg

Tsi_God

Go Kart Newbie
Welp rear wheel bearings are shot. Thought it might’ve been a small screw in the tire at first because it wasn’t a constant grinding sound, sounded like a small pop once every rotation, but after jacking up the car and spinning the wheel it was pretty obvious.

Phur

Autocross Champion

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
I can’t remember... are you lowered at all or have an ALK?
100% stock suspension other than the APR rear sway bar (y)

Hit some twisties yesterday with a mk7 member, pretty fun. Car rubbed just barely on the corner of this little front fender screw mounting area during hard high speed dips. I bet if I added a bit of negative camber in the front I’d be fine. I had to really push it to make it rub though

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I‘m on my first set, but after about five hours of lapping an maybe 2000 street miles they‘re just starting to look scuffed in.

@jay745 says he gets a lot of track time out of his and he’s pushing a lot more horsepower than I am.
I just got back from a track day at Grattan. 6 hard 20 minute sessions playing with corvettes and the tires never got greasy. I absolutely love rs4's . Usually can get ~12-15 track days from a set. I'm using 235/45/17 though.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
how'd all that go?
Really fun, a little slippery for the first two sessions because it rained hard the night before but it dried up pretty quick. Came within .03 of my best lap there (last year) but didn't break a new personal best.

It was my girlfriends sisters birthday, she came with and I took her out for a session. She's never been on a track before so that was cool

Last edited:

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Pics were only taken two hours apart but Texas skies are weird..
Serrons vs Peeler reps:
24927319-2035-43B9-A8E6-16ED961D0314.jpeg

04DE8C9D-5593-4AB3-8F9D-F1DF910E3A1C.jpeg

Poke:
4B09FC1B-EFF4-438F-9DB3-26370F8A362E.jpeg

33255471-EF34-41AD-BE00-F5D622BAC0CB.jpeg