GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
That color... very nice! (y)

Thank you sir!

I love the subtle nature of the copper. I think they will compliment the United Grey well. Also not really a rim cleaning fiend....thinking they will hide brake dust a bit too. Hopefully installed tomorrow😃

Such a great value with the TFR's in terms of looks, brand quality, 17.8 pounds or so, 17x8 et45, and the price🤯

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Cancelled an order months ago that never got delivered. Received some lowering springs today...

Attachments

• IMG_20200709_162150.jpg
    IMG_20200709_162150.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 87

likkleindian

Go Kart Newbie

Edit: Also got a quote to fix my headliner(it’s not that bad.) 1 day turn around, p&l 400 or 440 with suede. This place had the best reviews
I'm a 12 with a little less. My headliner also needs to be redone but I can't find anyone close to me with good ratings.

Attachments

• IMG_1324.JPG
    IMG_1324.JPG
    473.6 KB · Views: 80

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
free springs?

Last night I for sure thought so. I've only used two cards to pay for the car stuff and I didn't see transactions to ECS for these. Made one last check of the order and saw that I had used PayPal for this ... customer service never cancelled the order despite three or four calls saying "they show shipped and delivered, but to a state that I don't live in, and I haven't received anything." feelsbadman, but the money has been gone for a while, so I guess now I'm the proud owner of some springs. I was planning on a suspension refresh maybe next year so the stockpile has officially started.

A little worried though - ECS lists these guys as average lowering front: 0.98" rear: 0.79", while CarID has them going the other way. Was planning on some TT rear perches but not sure they'll counteract a designed reverse rake.

AntiGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Replaced the water pump. Made it 105k on the original one. Upper left mounting point cracked off and was leaking. Also had a leak between 2 of the pipes where the gasket died. Repair was a huge pita as you can't see hardly anything while you do it. lots of cuts and a sore ass back. I saved myself 500 bucks. idk if it was worth it...

torga

Autocross Champion
Replaced the water pump. Made it 105k on the original one. Upper left mounting point cracked off and was leaking. Also had a leak between 2 of the pipes where the gasket died. Repair was a huge pita as you can't see hardly anything while you do it. lots of cuts and a sore ass back. I saved myself 500 bucks. idk if it was worth it...
Mine took double the time because I did my oil cooler at the same time. Turns out the rear oil cooler bolts are in an absolutely awful spot and you're primarily blocked by the engine block itself, so there's nothing you can do. Also, my oil cooler gasket was basically fused to the oil filter housing bracket, so that took time and finesse to scrape out and smooth the grooves enough for the new gasket to actually seal.
I did save myself a bunch of money though, so I can't complain too much.

AntiGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine took double the time because I did my oil cooler at the same time. Turns out the rear oil cooler bolts are in an absolutely awful spot and you're primarily blocked by the engine block itself, so there's nothing you can do. Also, my oil cooler gasket was basically fused to the oil filter housing bracket, so that took time and finesse to scrape out and smooth the grooves enough for the new gasket to actually seal.
I did save myself a bunch of money though, so I can't complain too much.

That's the worst. The only thing about working on these cars is how they LOVE to hide bolts all over the place. Nice work though, it's always rewarding to DIY in the end.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Enkei TFR’s installed today. Can definitely feel the 4 & a bit pounds off of each corner.
AE54B840-4F2D-4573-ABC0-E6DBB01D2709.jpeg
A
684E873B-D57F-4981-B44F-59FA68A2514E.jpeg
0ECF9005-4600-468E-B4F8-76A656197D7C.jpeg
EAB3FCE0-2A08-4B50-A438-7C1F40EAABE7.jpeg
8E4A1E8B-E284-446C-B8DE-8044C6FB487E.jpeg

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Last night I for sure thought so. I've only used two cards to pay for the car stuff and I didn't see transactions to ECS for these. Made one last check of the order and saw that I had used PayPal for this ... customer service never cancelled the order despite three or four calls saying "they show shipped and delivered, but to a state that I don't live in, and I haven't received anything." feelsbadman, but the money has been gone for a while, so I guess now I'm the proud owner of some springs. I was planning on a suspension refresh maybe next year so the stockpile has officially started.

A little worried though - ECS lists these guys as average lowering front: 0.98" rear: 0.79", while CarID has them going the other way. Was planning on some TT rear perches but not sure they'll counteract a designed reverse rake.

Which springs are those, btw?

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Did exactly 800 miles out of my 3600 mi road trip today. 10hrs 43mins from San Antonio TX to just outside Tucson AZ, I love this car. Averaging 35-37mpg at 78mph and it feels as smooth as can be at 91k mi.

Couple pics just because:
0C480F3F-64C1-40EF-88F6-6C19E9D7A89F.jpeg

7815CE87-C59A-4527-AE7E-0E00C1D985A5.jpeg