GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just pulled the trigger on the cable to relocate my battery. Anyone have a good suggestion for what fuse to get for it? Also gonna hopefully track down my rear clunking noise tomorrow if it doesn't rain. I don't think it's the endlinks so i'm leaning towards shocks/shock mounts. I'm really losing confidence in these coilovers since i've had weird sounds since i've installed them. Probably gonna switch to a less adjustable more track oriented set down the road once I get a daily.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Cleaned it, then it rained. Got the sunroof closed in time so i got that going for me which is nice....

Snapped a few pics and got another p0036 CEL. I'm going in on friday for a fluidampr install do I'll have them take a look at the wiring but its probably the sensor finally shitting out

Tony48

Go Kart Champion

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion

For reasons I don’t understand, when Subaru brought the STI over to the US the bolts that secured the caliper to the spindles threaded into the calipers themselves. These were steel bolts into an aluminum part that saw extreme heat cycles. So after a few years when people started pulling the calipers to replace the rotors or do other maintenance the threads would be completely wrecked. Many Helicoils were used.

MadSc13ntist

Ready to race!
Christmas has come, or at least my parts were delivered. Diesel Geek Short throw shifter, diesel geek shifter bushings, ECS Diverter valve spacer, Raceseng Vision shift knob, black suede with red stitching shift boot, plaid vinyl rearview mirror wrap, steering wheel emblem inlay and rear VW badge plaid inlay - which means an additional 5hp per sticker oh yeah, R8 coil packs and NGK spark plugs. Come on stimulus check for the Stratified tune and Cobb AP.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
What an annoying day. Drove all over San Antonio, first welding shop couldn’t get a bite on the bleeder screw, cool at least he didn’t charge me. Decided to try another machine shop, dude said he’d try his best, ended up welding a stud and the stud cracked in half because he was using so much force trying to twist it out. Then he welded a hardened steel nut on it and the welds cracked off when he tried again. He tried drilling it out no luck. Gave up and didn’t charge me cause he felt bad so that’s cool too I guess. Hit a bird on the way home, luckily no damage but the poor guy was definitely dead.

Ugh.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Problem is, I can’t even get that far. My bleeder screw is half stuck inside because the top was sheared off. So it’s now a matter of getting the bottom half out and it feels like it’s impossible at this point, but thanks for the heads up on the BMW motorcycle thread adaptors in case I do need them in the future

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
I kinda feel that VW dropped the ball. They should have put air vents in where the HSH are. Maybe that would have kept the liner cool enough not to sag. Dunno...

They do it in mini-vans and trucks.. Why not GTI's?

Getting there, still a few things left to do. They over wrapped on part of the b pillars so will have to sort that out. Too hot and ran out of phux to give for todayView attachment 182661
[/QUOT

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
y'all are making me seriously look at buying brand new 986 calipers instead of messing around with junkyard parts.
The one with the destroyed bleeder screw I unfortunately was aware of before I even purchased it. So if you see a messed up bleeder, buy the next set... otherwise the other three I got for less than a set of brake pads lol and they’re in pretty good condition

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
The one with the destroyed bleeder screw I unfortunately was aware of before I even purchased it. So if you see a messed up bleeder, buy the next set... otherwise the other three I got for less than a set of brake pads lol and they’re in pretty good condition
I'd love to offer suggestions, but if you've taken the thing to multiple shops and they've failed.... there's probably nothing I could say that would help. lol

If it ends up not working out and you find a replacement caliper I can say that it can be really, really satisfying to hit stubborn things with a hammer. For that kind of brake caliper I'd recommend a 3 lb sledge.