GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Is there something special about G2 paint? I've heard of it a few times. Definitely going to paint them, but haven't planned that out yet.
What's different about the rears with respect to what? They're for 310mm rotors.

The G2 works pretty good. It's self leveling and when cured is super hard/looks like powder coat. I was looking at this THREAD

Last edited:

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
You're gonna run E30 on what tune file?
Yes, I am currently E30 on the apr 2+ (ko4 93 octane)
I have went about 70 miles today and seems to run smoother and butt dyno says it pulls a bit better. I think im going to dyno here soon and see what we got. Most likely getting a Cobb accessport and going to get a custom tune.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I have went about 70 miles today and seems to run smoother and butt dyno says it pulls a bit better. I think im going to dyno here soon and see what we got. Most likely getting a Cobb accessport and going to get a custom tune.

I wouldn’t get too crazy without tuning. You’ll be running leaner since your flash is for pump gas. The point of E is that you can get much more aggressive with timing(like running race gas) but you have to use a lot more fuel.

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
What do you guys think of this rear spoiler? Nice or douche add?
20200819_210814.jpg

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
I wouldn’t get too crazy without tuning. You’ll be running leaner since your flash is for pump gas. The point of E is that you can get much more aggressive with timing(like running race gas) but you have to use a lot more fuel.
I’ve run e30 a bunch now too, with pretty much the same results. Smoother, cooler, pulls less timing, feels a bit faster on butt dyno. I actually looked into it to help lean out my crazy rich Cobb OTS tune and I think that’s why it was a bit more noticeable for me. Feels like it got me closer to the “sweet spot” I guess. Otherwise I’m gonna be tuned for it here soon via Stratified.

Running e30 on my 93 tune feels like how the 93 tune should’ve been from Cobb to begin with. My AFR stays around 10-10.5 with e30. On any other tune I’ve tested (Cobb stage 1 and stage 1+ 91 and 93) it drops down into the low to mid 9s...

GolNat

Autocross Champion

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
Ehh. Certainly not as bad as the body mounted park benches. Is it functional?
Nope....think I just wanna do something to spruce up the car a bit...may still consider some new rims...

GolNat

Autocross Champion
IHI turbo is out!!

C0FFE317-DFAF-485B-9827-82088F7057BB.jpeg

Question for K04 folks. This “thick” washer people talk about where does it come into play? I have not seen it and have read about people using a thin one and leaking.The coolant and oil lines each have 2 washers, one bottom and top. The oil return line has a gasket. Should I do the one on the Block also? I think I have 2 of those gaskets.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
IHI turbo is out!!

View attachment 183617

Question for K04 folks. This “thick” washer people talk about where does it come into play? I have not seen it and have read about people using a thin one and leaking.The coolant and oil lines each have 2 washers, one bottom and top. The oil return line has a gasket. Should I do the one on the Block also? I think I have 2 of those gaskets.
[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure which "thick and meaty" washer your referring to.
I would replace every washer and gasket. At this point you realize it would be a PITA to have to fix a leak.
I can tell you I had a leak on the water inlet at the turbo. Was pretty difficult to get to once ko4 was installed and I actually drove around for a few weeks before I had the courage to get under there again

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
IHI turbo is out!!

View attachment 183617

What turbo install kit are you using? I got the UroTuning one and it seems to have everything so far.

Also I recommend the K04 guide that Grambles has on here, very good walk-through and the pictures are still there despite how old it is (y)