GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Dats a lot of red!!

LOL

Yup, better for vision at night. If the wife needs to hunt for something in her purse it doesn't wash out my vision or blind me. Trunk and glove box are also red, so are vanity lights, because also the red looks cool. :cool:

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
LOL

Yup, better for vision at night. If the wife needs to hunt for something in her purse it doesn't wash out my vision or blind me. Trunk and glove box are also red, so are vanity lights, because also the red looks cool. :cool:

I've been looking at the DeAutoKey color change set for a similar reason - I'd like to do some of the interiors with Green to help with visibility without impacting vision. Feels a little blasphemous with how all-in the GTI is on red highlights though.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I've been looking at the DeAutoKey color change set for a similar reason - I'd like to do some of the interiors with Green to help with visibility without impacting vision. Feels a little blasphemous with how all-in the GTI is on red highlights though.

Those are deAuto LEDs I used. The R is blue themed but I am mostly a function > form guy and red is the spectrum that won't blind you at night. Supposedly green is better at retaining definition for objects but isn't as good at retaining night vision. I like the way red is bright but doesn't "feel" bright, you can see clearly but doesn't make it hard to see outside either. I feel like green or blue would be bright and feel like it was bright when transitioning.

dmcgrath009

Ready to race!
Yeah, I saw on that Amazon link it has a full 1080p display. Even with the smaller display on the RCD330, if it was 1080p it would not be nearly as bad honestly.

I use Android Auto every drive, but don't see why it could not be replaced with a mobile hotspot powering the head-unit.

At the time I was happy to be getting an OEM solution, but you've got me second guessing myself and wondering if I wanna buy one of these...

I run a dash cam and always hated that all of the options have a screen visible, looks like this head unit takes a USB Camera input as a dash cam; meaning no more screen to hide in my interior behind my rear-view mirror.

funny you say that I did order a cheap Dash cam with onboard micro SD and USB output for this unit. It was cheap enough I figured I should play with it and see how it works.

Honestly at $220 its not a lot invested if you don't like it sell it and if you do then sell the RCD330. My comparison comes from the MIB2 in the MK7 which is similar to the RCD330 and I prefer this thing overall.

Last edited:

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Finally got around to finding the fuse for the interior lights, confirmed it was blown causing my lack of interior lights after installing new LEDs.

That's sexy right there......

’Gentlemen put your hands together for HILDI’

Looks killer!! Like a choppa under the cover of darkness + 🍾 👯‍♀️ Champagne Room lighting

torga

Autocross Champion
I've really been dragging ass on getting a dashcam. I remember liking BlackVue cams when I did some looking around earlier in the year.

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
I've really been dragging ass on getting a dashcam. I remember liking BlackVue cams when I did some looking around earlier in the year.

Definitely worth it. Not only to catch great footage, like that one time I drove like 10 blocks in NYC and only saw green lights, and also not only incase you get into an accident; but i've caught one or two other accidents and close calls with in as well.

I've gotten a few fun races/pulls on camera with cars that I knew would smoke me but just for good fun - makes for a cool dashcam video

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Finally flashed my car for Uni Stage 1 today. Pleasant surprise, it cost me a grand total of $150 (CAD). Turns out first owner had flashed 1+ and second owner had gone back to stock, so I just needed to pay ownership transfer

torga

Autocross Champion
Finally flashed my car for Uni Stage 1 today. Pleasant surprise, it cost me a grand total of $150 (CAD). Turns out first owner had flashed 1+ and second owner had gone back to stock, so I just needed to pay ownership transfer
Really debating moving to Unitronic from GIAC. How's the powerband feel on the 'ol butt dyno? GIAC feels a bit peaky and like an on-switch.

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Really debating moving to Unitronic from GIAC. How's the powerband feel on the 'ol butt dyno? GIAC feels a bit peaky and like an on-switch.
Honestly the Unitronic Stage 1 tune feels like how the car should have come stock. The power delivery is so smooth through the band. I especially notice the smoothness at lower RPM and when coming off throttle; used to find the car would lurch if I was too aggressive coming off throttle. Mind you I've driven all of 30-40 minutes total with it at this point, but really happy. Is it bad I'm already itching for more though?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Is it bad I'm already itching for more though?
Nah it's totally normal but there is a point of diminishing returns at some point. Driving a slow car fast is much funner than driving a fast car slow

GolNat

Autocross Champion

I thought Uni was like VTEC kicked in or something. I liked it tho. If you are ever going to consider E blends or W/M then might want to consider a more custom route. I will eventually get a AP and go Stratified or Sneaky to extract some more power and go W/M tuning.

torga

Autocross Champion
I thought Uni was like VTEC kicked in or something. I liked it tho. If you are ever going to consider E blends or W/M then might want to consider a more custom route. I will eventually get a AP and go Stratified or Sneaky to extract some more power and go W/M tuning.
E blends and W/M won't come for a very long time, I'm not too worried about that yet. I don't even plan on going K04 anytime soon. Well, before my K03 goes, that is.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion

Mind you I'm DSG so a bit of a different driving experience... I don't do a lot of hooning, went stage 2 so I could feel a little better about the crazies around here that like to merge at 30mph with an 80 pace of traffic. After getting to about 3K so the turbo can breathe it's very smooth.