GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I know they hurt you, but time heals all wounds

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Everyone has the feeling at one time or another but eventually you get over it

Remember, I'm the guy that has NEVER had an issue with ECS.

And I told you the shoe would drop since I bragged about it.....

I've been waiting on PIAA wiper blades for the Touareg and the A3 for about 2 months now........LMAO....supposed to ship next week according to the 6th shipping update I got last month. :D But then, no one seems to have them so I guess there's that.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Remember, I'm the guy that has NEVER had an issue with ECS.

And I told you the shoe would drop since I bragged about it.....

I've been waiting on PIAA wiper blades for the Touareg and the A3 for about 2 months now........LMAO....supposed to ship next week according to the 6th shipping update I got last month. :D But then, no one seems to have them so I guess there's that.
"IN STOCK"

Phur

Autocross Champion
I’m starting to wonder if Costco owns ECS Tuning. Our TV was supposed to be delivered on the 8th. No call or email to setup an appointment. The 8th comes and goes. Lady Phur contacted them the next day and they said a couple more days before it would ship. We got an email last night saying that they sold more than expected (or something to that effect) and it won’t ship until the 22nd. 😒

Last edited:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just did my oil change that was overdue by about 1,500 miles. I do them every 5k so i'm not too concerned with going 6500 on one and I havent beat on my car in a while either. I did notice the bottom of my car is covered in oil, looks like it's leaking from the turbo return line where it meets the block. I'll only be driving for another month or so until i'm deployed and once I get back i'm going to tear the car apart and start the big turbo process on it, so for now i'm just going to ignore the leaking oil and the clunking that keeps getting louder and louder.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Just did my oil change that was overdue by about 1,500 miles. I do them every 5k so i'm not too concerned with going 6500 on one and I havent beat on my car in a while either. I did notice the bottom of my car is covered in oil, looks like it's leaking from the turbo return line where it meets the block. I'll only be driving for another month or so until i'm deployed and once I get back i'm going to tear the car apart and start the big turbo process on it, so for now i'm just going to ignore the leaking oil and the clunking that keeps getting louder and louder.
was the oil level low as a result of going over and the leak? if so maybe check on your chain stretch measurement...

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Long oil change intervals combined with starvation is the main contributer to chain stretch btw.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
was the oil level low as a result of going over and the leak? if so maybe check on your chain stretch measurement...
The oil level was fine, getting near the bottom of the hashes but not below that which isn't too much of a concern for me over 6500 miles. I did my chains about 50k ago so the stretch shouldn't be an issue. Most ive gone between changes is 7k and the oil has never gotten low. I'll be changing them out again when I open the engine up, i don't foresee them being an issue before then since i'll probably be putting another 2k miles on it max before it goes away

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
The car at stock height is too low for a Fumoto valve IMO.

No, it's fine.

They just lead to trouble. Every person I've ever known who had a fumoto valve went back to stock.

I would expect trouble if your car is lowered. Our GTI/ spouse's Jetta both have Fumoto's. Love them, no problems. But both cars are standard height. The GTI's had it since it was new.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
No, it's fine.

I would expect trouble if your car is lowered. Our GTI/ spouse's Jetta both have Fumoto's. Love them, no problems. But both cars are standard height. The GTI's had it since it was new.

I had one of those farking Flakemoto valves on my GTI. I'm at stock ride height & knocked it loose. Very lucky I didn't lose an engine. Never again will I use one of those blasted things. It's not like it saved me a lot of labor.

For those who use them I wish you continued good luck.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Not worth the 30sec time saving 3 times a year