GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

torga

Autocross Champion
This came in today 😊, shopdap had the best deal I couldn't pass on it lol
Enjoy! I immediately noticed a refinement in the rev range, particularly at 3k+ RPM.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

dietpeachfresca

Passed Driver's Ed
I just got a new stock one, didn’t want to go black or painted on any of the trim.
Oh ok. I was looking at an authentic one from the VW dealer, they are like $50-$70 for just the rear. I saw some cheap black ones shipped from Europe for like $20 too.

I just took mine off, 3 tabs broke, I plastidipped them, but it went back on pretty tight. I really had to bang it on. I might not need the new badge, but if the plastidip starts to get weird and I have to remove it again, I definitely will have to get a new badge.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Oh ok. I was looking at an authentic one from the VW dealer, they are like $50-$70 for just the rear. I saw some cheap black ones shipped from Europe for like $20 too.

I just took mine off, 3 tabs broke, I plastidipped them, but it went back on pretty tight. I really had to bang it on. I might not need the new badge, but if the plastidip starts to get weird and I have to remove it again, I definitely will have to get a new badge.
Yup, broke tabs and the chrome cracked. I’m pretty sure I sourced the oem one off ebay for under $40.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Oil change with LiquiMoly Molygen, winters off, TFR‘s on, and fuel filter - what a pain in the ass...the bolt was corroded flat. Chiseled it off and was able to get vice grips on the remainder. At 225km, and 3 months shy of 10 years of ownership. I’m taking this car as far as I can. It’s done nothing but run, never thrown a CEL, and it’s a Canadian snow belt car.

Attachments

• A9479835-4D0C-4912-87CE-C73DE53A21E9.jpeg
    A9479835-4D0C-4912-87CE-C73DE53A21E9.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 157
  • 9ED91C52-54F0-4DCE-A471-7A423802B69B.jpeg
    9ED91C52-54F0-4DCE-A471-7A423802B69B.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 142
  • 04408F3A-5B3C-408A-A9CD-7BC7DD0A3D4F.jpeg
    04408F3A-5B3C-408A-A9CD-7BC7DD0A3D4F.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 134
  • 1F739C45-30E6-49A7-9313-F85EB69A5A84.jpeg
    1F739C45-30E6-49A7-9313-F85EB69A5A84.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 165

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
At 225km, and 3 months shy of 10 years of ownership. I’m taking this car as far as I can. It’s done nothing but run, never thrown a CEL, and it’s a Canadian snow belt car.
Jinxed it :cry:

Good times, keep it rolling!!

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Jinxed it :cry:

Good times, keep it rolling!!
I woulda been mad if someone didn’t make the jinxed it comment :LOL:

You’re closer to 300k aren’t ya?

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
I woulda been mad if someone didn’t make the jinxed it comment :LOL:

You’re closer to 300k aren’t ya?
329, 871km.... just went and checked. Not without pain though lol.

Had a look at my red top Audi sourced coil packs when i did the sparkies and wonder if i should change them. They have close to 300K on them.
Noticed some rubbery sludge like stuff on one of them. Its not oil, wonder if the insulation is beginning to deteriorate?
I think someone posted on here the Toureg coil packs are the same as the Audi's...gonna have to go look for that part number. I thought I wrote it down somewhere

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
the rubbery sludge on your coil packs isnt from the packs its from the factory sealant used to seal the cam ladder cover (valve cover) to the block. It heats up and over time can leak out onto the backside of the engine like that

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
the rubbery sludge on your coil packs isnt from the packs its from the factory sealant used to seal the cam ladder cover (valve cover) to the block. It heats up and over time can leak out onto the backside of the engine like that
Merci!! Thanks for sharing that knowledge..I'll keep my $ and my coil packs and check them more frequently. . I think my cam cover may be leaking oil... but I'm not in a rush to fix until it shows on my plugs... wish I had discovered it when I did the timing chain

Last edited:

AntiGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been struggling to find answers to my misfires at idle. So I changed plugs, coils, pcv, injectors, and did carbon cleaning. Still not going away.
Yesterday I was poking around at connectors and looking for vac / fuel leaks and leaned on the small barb coming off the upper radiator hose, which snapped off, and the dealer raped me for 45 bucks. Put the new connector on today, but feeling pretty defeated. Anyway...be friggin careful around that hose. it's so fragile after 10 years.