GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
What Goodyear were you riding on and what made you go back to Michelin's? Handling, wear? Just curious. Going back to AS/3?

Phur

Autocross Champion
What Goodyear were you riding on and what made you go back to Michelin's? Handling, wear? Just curious. Going back to AS/3?
They were the Goodyear Exhilarate. My previous two sets were PS AS3+. My wife had been unhappy with the road noise on my last set and wanted me to try something else. I think tires tend to get louder as they get more worn, and also I discovered that I had a faulty tire pressure gauge. I was overfilling them which was causing more harmonics. I feel like the Michelins had better road handling, feel and a stiffer sidewall. (Not just because they were overinflated) The set I just picked up is the new PS AS4.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Switched to Asphericals

IMG_20210405_181503.jpg

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Looks like I'm gonna be getting a new clutch, Yea!!! My stock one is fine.. BUT looks like my RMS stb after I replaced the pcv. Nice.
So.. Might as well replace the clutch (even though it's not slipping) I've been stage 1+ since 2013.. Clutch and TOB were replaced under warranty when I was around 60Km ... I'm at 329Km now so might be smart before it starts.
iAbed for RMS. Remove clutch bleeder? Think I saw that on a thread somewhere. Axle flange seals... transmission mount.. (Credit card is gonna love this)
At one point I thought about going k04 but no longer... any ideas on a OEM+ clutch?
They didn't replace the fly wheel when the did the Warranty work on the TOB is that something I should look at replacing?

Anything else I should have Mario (mechanic) look at?
Starting a new job in a couple weeks and the last thing I want is to have to call in because of the car.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Looks like I'm gonna be getting a new clutch, Yea!!! My stock one is fine.. BUT looks like my RMS stb after I replaced the pcv. Nice.
So.. Might as well replace the clutch (even though it's not slipping) I've been stage 1+ since 2013.. Clutch and TOB were replaced under warranty when I was around 60Km ... I'm at 329Km now so might be smart before it starts.
iAbed for RMS. Remove clutch bleeder? Think I saw that on a thread somewhere. Axle flange seals... transmission mount.. (Credit card is gonna love this)
At one point I thought about going k04 but no longer... any ideas on a OEM+ clutch?
They didn't replace the fly wheel when the did the Warranty work on the TOB is that something I should look at replacing?

Starting a new job in a couple weeks and the last thing I want is to have to call in because of the car.
Your RMS took a shit after? I thought that the PCV was what caused that failure.

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
I just bought tires. The Michelin deal ends tonight. I’m stoked to be going back to a set of Michelins. The Goodyears weren’t bad, I just very much prefer the ones I had before.
I just got tires too. General G-Max AS-05 on mine. I'm getting a rebate too. I wanted a high performance AS tire because it rains so much down here and I need them to handle it on the highway. I also used that tire on my AMG and I liked them. The Michelin PS AS3+ that were on there were getting so loud.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Your RMS took a shit after? I thought that the PCV was what caused that failure.
At 329, 000km I guess? Now it was probably leaking through the winter and I just didn't notice it... but since I did change the pcv (with a new diaphragm) and perhaps it's the warmer weather but the leak is more pronounced now. I'm gonna crack open the old unit and look at the diaphragm

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Just ordered up a Wavetrac LSD and all other needed parts for the install. Dropping off at the shop the beginning of May to have installed.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I love mine... wish both sides heat up during ice storms
I will have to keep an eye on that if I can remember in 9 months. I guess you could always do a blue one on the Drivers side and the OEM on the Pass so that both are heated?

These are the blue tinted ones? How do you like them?
Love em so far. I had 2x asphers on my Saab and they were great. The stick-on blind spot mirrors just aren't the same and I just got tired of them. The blue tint is pretty cool.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

I have a south bend clutch. No regerts. If you upgrade clutch you might have a rattling flywheel. I'm used to mine but some find it unsettling.

Last edited:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Finished my battery relocate for the most part, writeup and photos in the build thread. Also if anyone needs any sort of custom wiring for their car, call CE Auto Electric Supply, 10/10 company

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Might have a wiring issue if they dont
The eBay company I got them from offered to replace them after I paid for shipping back...by then spring/summer was here and I forgot... I guess I could test them or reverse the wires to see if they work.. OEMs still work so I use those for winter