GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
There is no way you're doing a diff without a garage and I don't have one. So it is one of the few things I would pay to have done, certainly.
1620139735512.png

do it in the kitchen

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Where is @Mk6Autobahn!? He did a K04 instal in a parking garage. LSD in the kitchen is cake walk!

When I drive it hard I wish I had an LSD. Localish shop wanted $900 if I gave them the transmission and LSD 😵

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Where is @Mk6Autobahn!? He did a K04 instal in a parking garage. LSD in the kitchen is cake walk!

When I drive it hard I wish I had an LSD. Localish shop wanted $900 if I gave them the transmission and LSD 😵
I have been summoned lol. Yeah it was cool but a big pain, dunno I’d ever try that again haha. At least, not with only one Jack stand. I also wish I got an LSD, my custom map spins just by breathing wrong. Sounds cool but gets really annoying real fast. My car is 100% useless for autoX now, but beating 5.0s in rolls is fun at least.
lol yeah i remember that. and the only thing he screwed up was a missing washer on a banjo bolt.
Yep, put that sucker on the oil return banjo and have been leak free since.

Car was running like a dream for a bit, but I’m currently battling a bad PCV. Last time I fixed it I went with the upgraded RKX diaphragm or whatever, still failed on me. Oh well, new PCV and PS4S up next.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Idk, I've seen videos on the tube of trials with this lsd installed and one wheel on ice and the other with traction and the one with traction didn't get any more power than it had, the wheel on ice spun like crazy, not trashing this mod at all just curious.
I believe the WaveTrac LSD solves this with internal preload, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car was running like a dream for a bit, but I’m currently battling a bad PCV. Last time I fixed it I went with the upgraded RKX diaphragm or whatever, still failed on me. Oh well, new PCV and PS4S up next.
How many miles on the engine? If you keep blowing through PCVs it might be time to replace your piston rings.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
How many miles on the engine? If you keep blowing through PCVs it might be time to replace your piston rings.
I just rolled over 105k mi. The first one blew on stock motor around 66k mi and was replaced with an OEM with upgraded diaphragm.

edit: FWIW, I was reading into it yesterday and it seems OEM design is failure prone above 17psi. Not sure how accurate but either way car has lived a tremendously harder life the last 40k mi so I'm not really surprised it failed, just disappointed.

Last edited:

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I just rolled over 105k mi. The first one blew on stock motor around 66k mi and was replaced with an OEM with upgraded diaphragm.

edit: FWIW, I was reading into it yesterday and it seems OEM design is failure prone above 17psi. Not sure how accurate but either way car has lived a tremendously harder life the last 40k mi so I'm not really surprised it failed, just disappointed.
People gonna get angry about this but I bought just the diaphragm at local parts store for $20. That was 80k miles ago. No my RMS hasn't blown out and yes I drive the piss out of it.

What's up man!?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I don't know man I think I'll trust Brembo and such over you on this one.

https://www.brembo.com/en/company/news/disc-drilled-or-slotted

Hey, I'd trust them too, since they say the exact same thing I am. LOL

From your link........

Who is the drilled disc for​

For those, on the other hand, who do not expect to subject their brake discs to extreme operating conditions, the “drilled disc” option is preferable because one of the benefits of this version is that it provides greater cooling capacity.

Both the drilling and the slotting are designed specifically to guarantee superior heat dissipation compared to standard discs. Nevertheless, the presence of holes implies greater heat dissipation capacity during braking than that guaranteed by the slots that characterize the slotted discs.

The Brembo Xtra discs could also be better suited for those who are more attentive to the aesthetic side since for most enthusiasts, the drilled disc is synonymous with sportiness.

I mean, LITERALLY exactly what I have been saying for almost a decade now. They will continue to push the "cooling" benefits so they can sell more expensive rotors to sporty people but they will not come out and claim better stopping performance because any test would prove them liars. Logically one should ask if the "cooling" is sssssooo much better than why should you not subject them to "extreme operating conditions"??

Drilled rotors only work if you drill from the outer circumference in towards the centre of the rotor, which is what the top levels of motorsport use. This actually helps dissipate heat, and maintains maximum contact surface. F1 use over 1500 drilled holes, which is pretty incredible when you think about it

That's not "drilled"........that's called cooling vents. They created insanely more surface area than your standard street vented rotor with the small slots, but that is still just a venting system NOT drilling out surface area from the pad contact patch. (y)

For those visual people.

Perfect visual of the VENTING system used by F1 at the top tier of performance, NOT drilled rotor surfaces. ;):cool:

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
People gonna get angry about this but I bought just the diaphragm at local parts store for $20. That was 80k miles ago. No my RMS hasn't blown out and yes I drive the piss out of it.

What's up man!?
Ha, that's one way to do it! I gotta pop it open to see if it's the diaphragm that failed or something else.

Been a wild spring that's for sure. Will have to jump out to DFW and do some pulls before I PCS to Virginia. I think you'd like the e30 + WMI setup ;)

FYI those Porsche 18z's are still kickin just fine 🤣

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Ha, that's one way to do it! I gotta pop it open to see if it's the diaphragm that failed or something else.

Been a wild spring that's for sure. Will have to jump out to DFW and do some pulls before I PCS to Virginia. I think you'd like the e30 + WMI setup ;)

Dang, didn't know you got wmi. Guess your liking it?

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Dang, didn't know you got wmi. Guess your liking it?
Yep, snagged a kit off an OG mk6 member who was finally switching away from the platform. He gave me the whole setup for about $125. There's a distributor local to me here that sells 1gal 99.99% pure methanol for $9 lol

GolNat

Autocross Champion

What is PCS and when you coming to VA?!