GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Definitely can't hear a k04 at idle. Interesting though after I installed an external oil cooler I hear a noticeable whine, it was driving me nuts at first but after I found out it's normal I got used to it. Sounds like a faint supercharger whine
is that from forcing the oil through the cooler?

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Looked wrong too... like some sort of French movie... lace...

Phur

Autocross Champion
I ceramic coated my freshly powdercoated golf r calipers today and reached out to the shop that will be doing the install. It won’t be long.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Yeah, I know.
😞

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
Rolled all 7's on my morning drive... better go buy some lottery tickets... its also 6-9 day

1623248134381.png

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Getting a proper wheel alignment today because I’m chewing up the inside of my tires.

With Eibach ProKit springs and SuperPro ball joints I’m sitting on -2.0 and -2.3 degrees of camber up front. A good bit more than I expected.

…….and as I’m typing this post I learn that this shop’s equipment can’t deal with lowered cars. :(

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
Getting a proper wheel alignment today because I’m chewing up the inside of my tires.

With Eibach ProKit springs and SuperPro ball joints I’m sitting on -2.0 and -2.3 degrees of camber up front. A good bit more than I expected.

…….and as I’m typing this post I learn that this shop’s equipment can’t deal with lowered cars. :(
yeah i dont trust most alignment shops... and after learning how to get it close enough at home, i dont go anymore.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
yeah i dont trust most alignment shops... and after learning how to get it close enough at home, i dont go anymore.

Yeah, that's why I do my own surgeries too. :D

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, that's why I do my own surgeries too. :D
shit yeah!! you can do a lot with superglue... ive saved a ton of stitches that way. lol

seriously tho, there are a lot of shitty alignment shops. but im an engineer so maybe im picky.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
seriously tho, there are a lot of shitty alignment shops. but im an engineer so maybe im picky.

An engineer.......who says "That's good enough...." :unsure: ;)

There's shitty everything, the trick is to find the good ones and toss them business.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
An engineer.......who says "That's good enough...." :unsure: ;)

There's shitty everything, the trick is to find the good ones and toss them business.
yes, in this case, good enough is being within tolerance....
the camber has a decent tolerance +/- .5 deg ... and toe is tight (+/- .17~.32deg) but easy to calc with long straight edges. 🤷‍♂️ toe is more important than camber in regards to tire wear.