GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I just go to an alignment shop and they give me one of those colorful little printouts where my shit goes from red to green

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I just go to an alignment shop and they give me one of those colorful little printouts where my shit goes from red to green
I love it when people share those lol

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I take my cars to a shop that does alignments on race cars. No my cars are not race cars, but these guys know what they are doing & will give a performance alignment without batting an eye.
I’d like to do that but I haven’t found a place like that near me. I probably haven’t looked hard enough because I’m near a few regionally popular tracks.

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
It looked so right until it looked so wrong. I appreciate everyone's negative criticism on this one. It'll be yalls fault when I affirm the supernovas when they become available.
Looking at jumping on some of their tails when they're back in stock

torga

Autocross Champion
I've been suspecting some thermostat or coolant temp sensor shenanigans for a little while (coolant temp needle drops every now and again while driving, then comes back up to nominal). No leaks, no burning coolant, no overheating -- so I wasn't in a rush to deal with it. I put in a new thermostat when I did my water pump in Feb 2020, but I reused my coolant temp sensor.
Welp, P2181 just popped up for me on my way home yesterday, so... I guess I'll finally deal with this. If I gotta dump a bunch of coolant anyway, I'm gonna replace the upper/lower rad hoses while I'm at it. I'm at 135k mi, so why not?

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I've been suspecting some thermostat or coolant temp sensor shenanigans for a little while (coolant temp needle drops every now and again while driving, then comes back up to nominal). No leaks, no burning coolant, no overheating -- so I wasn't in a rush to deal with it. I put in a new thermostat when I did my water pump in Feb 2020, but I reused my coolant temp sensor.
Welp, P2181 just popped up for me on my way home yesterday, so... I guess I'll finally deal with this. If I gotta dump a bunch of coolant anyway, I'm gonna replace the upper/lower rad hoses while I'm at it. I'm at 135k mi, so why not?
Sensor seems a good place to start if you have no ongoing leaks when you get going on the job

torga

Autocross Champion
Sensor seems a good place to start if you have no ongoing leaks when you get going on the job
Definitely thinking I'm gonna swap that first and see what happens.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Added light so I could see her better!!

Before
8D9C9B2F-A9A6-48BF-9BBB-9C8AE7C89A1D.jpeg

After:
43BCB0E9-E9CB-43E3-94C5-FC0C65E16959.jpeg

Need to do something with the cord and finish cleaning up/organizing the garage. Now I can see WTF I’m doing tho. Oh and hang a new blind cause that thing is wrecked.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Wow crazy improvement on the lighting

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Wow those lights are cool where did you get them?

Thanks. $44 for a 6 pack. They are 4 foot long and can be linked together. Super easy to hang. They are so light you don’t need drywall screws or studs. I’ll be ordering more for the back half and probably some for the walls for detailing and working on brakes and suspension stuff.

(Pack of 6) Barrina LED T5 Integrated Single Fixture, 4FT, 2200lm, 6500K (Super Bright White), 20W, Utility Shop Light, Ceiling and Under Cabinet Light, Corded electric with built-in ON/OFF switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HBT3BV...abc_M0P2ASB6PHPP1F7TC0H0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Yeah Ive grown cannabis for over a decade and I can tell you the recent leaps in lighting technology is really astounding.

Like you, humble mechanic did his garage in LEDs. He starts talking about them at the 1:45 mark. Used T8 LEDs