GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Not sure how there’s a .5 degree difference in camber between the left and right sides. I have subframe collars and the only front suspension parts that came on the car from the factory are the control arms.

6D58F7F4-3726-4B3D-9F1B-7282BCCC57EC.jpeg

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Not sure how there’s a .5 degree difference in camber between the left and right sides. I have subframe collars and the only front suspension parts that came on the car from the factory are the control arms.

View attachment 216743

Wow this isnt even in color. I feel cheated

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

View attachment 216743
I have a new set of aluminum control arms for sale if you're interested

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
My issue is play in the shifter shaft. Even while in gear the stick will have half inch of play so I'm hoping replacing the bushings in the shaft assembly and the super pin will tighten things up.

Probably gonna do this today

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Thinking about it….. the most likely cause of my uneven camber has to be the Febi brand Audi TT control arm bushings. Based on pictures I have them pressed into the housings in the correct orientation, but they are pressed into mounts they weren’t designed for so maybe the rear of the control arm isn’t positioned correctly.

I can probably take some measurements and confirm or rule this out.

jay745

Thinking about it….. the most likely cause of my uneven camber has to be the Febi brand Audi TT control arm bushings. Based on pictures I have them pressed into the housings in the correct orientation, but they are pressed into mounts they weren’t designed for so maybe the rear of the control arm isn’t positioned correctly.

I can probably take some measurements and confirm or rule this out.
That's why I hate those offset bushings. Powerflex FTW

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
That's why I hate those offset bushings. Powerflex FTW
Yeah I can see how those would be annoying. Just imagining how I'd explain to a technician what they have to do to adjust them gives me a headache.

I guess you have Powerflex poly bushings in that spot? Any noise or weirdness from them? If they don't eat themselves after a few track days maybe I should pick up a set.

jay745

Yeah I can see how those would be annoying. Just imagining how I'd explain to a technician what they have to do to adjust them gives me a headache.

I guess you have Powerflex poly bushings in that spot? Any noise or weirdness from them? If they don't eat themselves after a few track days maybe I should pick up a set.
Naw they've been great to me. No weird noises, have held up to 50+ track days so far

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Naw they've been great to me. No weird noises, have held up to 50+ track days so far
Right on. I've heard of other brands, particularly those with "anti-lift" geometry built in, falling apart under hard use.

I don't want more caster anyway, the car has more than enough to begin with.

Phur

Autocross Champion

If you don’t want to go poly and would prefer to go with solid rubber TTRS bushings, you could go with BFI. I love mine.
https://blackforestindustries.com/p...rol-arm-brackets-w-ttrs-solid-rubber-bushings