GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Why did FCP ship my stuff same day? and why is it already arriving today when i got standard shipping?

What's next? They actually give me the correct parts?

This is crazy, does ECS know about this?!

Phur

Autocross Champion
Why did FCP ship my stuff same day? and why is it already arriving today when i got standard shipping?

What's next? They actually give me the correct parts?

This is crazy, does ECS know about this?!
If it is not the correct parts, do not let them make it up to you by sending the replacement next day air. It will take a week to arrive. I am being 100% serious. I’ve been through it.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Always feels weird hacking up new car parts but it turns this repair from 2 hours to 5 minutes so it was worth it imo.

Attachments

• 20210717_132536.jpg
    20210717_132536.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
  • 20210717_132547.jpg
    20210717_132547.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 68

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Always feels weird hacking up new car parts but it turns this repair from 2 hours to 5 minutes so it was worth it imo.

That is some valid time savings.

Could have used smaller clamps with less slack........... 🙄 :p

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Yeah it's what I had on hand

Phur

Autocross Champion
That is some valid time savings.

Could have used smaller clamps with less slack........... 🙄 :p
Also could’ve cut off the excess. 😉

nomz_mk6

Ready to race!
Well it was yesterday but I installed a used Magnaflow catback, sounds awesome! Not too loud, great exhaust note. Also, fitment is perfect. I

7C690242-2889-4AB6-ACED-9431064C8E7A.jpeg

Also, finally got a profile shot of my cars stance. H&R sport springs with Audi TT perches. The TT rubber raises the rear a bit more than stock so the car sits with a nice rake to it. Love this height and the ride is super comfy on Koni STRTs

5F642435-1588-4458-9F76-941B6E5E718B.jpeg

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
So...my baby...luv her, has forced me into a corner and I don't want to offend her but... I got make a choice. No, not the wife. My real baby

After 8yrs 300km of owners she's starting to cost me $$$$$

Cracked windshield
Motor/ trans mount
Suspension
Intake manifold (chasing an electrical gremlin that's showing fault code after 3 manifolds)
Front brakes/rotors (producing serious shaking at speeds over 110km/h)
Weird pulley sound coming from belt side that only shows up when engine fully warmed up and when I turn the ignition off (main pulley bearings?)
Need a 1st gear getter
Ripped drivers seat
Top of windshield mounting surface on roof starting to rust
Metal road debris took a 1/4in chunk out of my rim lip (150 for new rim or 120 to fix)
New tire sliced near rim lip but still holding air
Clutch/fly wheel (270,000kms on it)
Boost issues when I put on the GFB controller so went back to OEM and getting the dreaded whistle and still boost issues so I need a new OEM which is supposed to be better than GFB anyway

After adding it all up even if I did over time who knows what will go next.. Turbo? Still the original

I went shopping looking for MK7.5 GTI or an MK7 R...... Then I saw this 2017 6spd A4 AWD Progressiv S-Line for around the same price.... 🤔🤯🏃🏾‍♂️ in Winnipeg with 58Km on the clock... it's not a hatch back...I really loved the A3 hatch before they made them all electric.

So...I bit. Shipping out in August.
So I'm torn what to do with my baby..cant really afford to keep her and fix while paying off newest edition.
And what I will get for her won't make sense to sell cause no one is gonna dump 4K into this car. Winter beater? Maybe

Attachments

• IMG-20210710-WA0033.jpeg
    IMG-20210710-WA0033.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20210718-091803.png
    Screenshot_20210718-091803.png
    907.9 KB · Views: 64

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
You would be stupid to buy any car in todays market.

Not trying to be rude, just being honest.

e:

Just to give you an example. I bought my 2017 Sportwagen for 19k brand new.

That same car, same trim, costs 20k right now with with 60k miles.

It is fucking absurd, you will get raped buying a car now.

e2:

130k mile GTIs going for 12k-

Last edited:

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
You would be stupid to buy any car in todays market.

Not trying to be rude, just being honest.

e:

Just to give you an example. I bought my 2017 Sportwagen for 19k brand new.

That same car, same trim, costs 20k right now with with 60k miles.

It is fucking absurd, you will get raped buying a car now.

e2:

130k mile GTIs going for 12k-

I don't disagree with you in principle.. BUT.....finding a 2017Audi manual awd UNDER 36K in CANADA is next to impossible....
And to keep paying for repairs... you and I both know that once you start other parts of car start screaming 'what about my needs??!!" ....

Again I get you however the Canadian market for cars is a bit different

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
So.... I could sell mine for 5K? 😂😲😳🤯

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
So.... I could sell mine for 5K? 😂😲😳🤯
You will definitely get 5k at least. Someone here recently sold a 120k mi car with no engine for 3k.

But yeah if you gotta buy now go for it, I guess it's all a wash in the end if you sell your GTI private party because you can get a lot more than you would have a few years ago