GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Yeah buying a car right now sucks. I'm in the same boat, I don't really have a choice to wait. Been searching for a manual Tacoma for over a month and can't even find one. I'm going to probably have to settle for an auto and then trade it in 6 months from now for a manual when things calm down. Prices are crazy

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Do you guys like my ass?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Yeah buying a car right now sucks. I'm in the same boat, I don't really have a choice to wait. Been searching for a manual Tacoma for over a month and can't even find one. I'm going to probably have to settle for an auto and then trade it in 6 months from now for a manual when things calm down. Prices are crazy
is leasing an option for you? or would your track days rack up the miles too harshly?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
This weekend, i installed some Recaro seats into the mk6. this has been a project in the making for about 6 months now.

I bought them from one of those parts sellers in Southeast Asia who lists things on Instagram. yeah, i know, seems sketchy but i did paypal goods and services to cover the purchase in case i got ripped off. Warning to those buying these seats from questionable sources, ask for a shot of the serial number labels to make sure they're legit. This was back in Jan/Feb and the package got there from thailand in under 2 weeks via DHL. Which is pretty impressive considering how long the shipment lag was because of COVID things. They're legit Recaros, but have been recovered (black cloth / white vinyl).

more info in build thread.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Why did FCP ship my stuff same day? and why is it already arriving today when i got standard shipping?

What's next? They actually give me the correct parts?

This is crazy, does ECS know about this?!
I love FCP. I'm like 50 minutes from them so even selecting regular shipping it's always next day for me. Also makes it easy to save up like 4 or 5 oil changes and just drive them all back for the warranty at once.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I love FCP. I'm like 50 minutes from them so even selecting regular shipping it's always next day for me. Also makes it easy to save up like 4 or 5 oil changes and just drive them all back for the warranty at once.
I've debated making the drive but dont have a good storage situation for waste oil.

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
I must be the only one with an intact non saggy headliner. I went through the same shit with my Mk4 so maybe the VW gods are looking out
Mine is still completely fine on a 2010. But I guess being in Canada and only having 3 months of intense summer heat probably helps

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
So far so good on the evap system leak. Pretty sure I got it. Been driving it a lot more and cel hasnt come back

Phur

Autocross Champion
Mine is still completely fine on a 2010. But I guess being in Canada and only having 3 months of intense summer heat probably helps
Jealous.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
So true

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Ill be changing oil today.

Happy tuesday

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Discovered the clamp on the bottom coolant line was broken. Guess changing the coolant twice a year for the past few years has taken a toll on the clamp. Meh easy fix, gonna have to daily the track car for a few weeks. Sold my Jetta and the truck I bought won't be delivered for a few weeks. Sigh this is going to get old fast

Garage is still in chaos from moving but it's slowing getting there.
20210719_215204.jpg