GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

fishyGTI

Different look...
Absolutely. It’s different and unique. I don’t know if I’ll put new ones on when I repaint next year. But for now I like it being my on style. I plan on putting on new wheels hopefully sooner than later. I really like the these Tourens with the red ring to accent.

Attachments

• 44B7584B-47D4-4375-A253-C7C121D3BC4D.png
    44B7584B-47D4-4375-A253-C7C121D3BC4D.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 64

Thumper

Autocross Champion

Finally got around to installing the APR coils.

Ran data logs before and after, will post data once it's organized and analyzed. Previous owner broke the harness release clip on cylinder 3, forgot about that and how annoying it was when I installed the red tops after I bought it. Also had to remove the intake pipe and heat shield to get the room to pull back the harness. Next time I change the coils I am having my tuner do it and replace the harness, F it. lol

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Installed an Integrated Engineering intake today! And vacuumed out my car.

Have you heard it yet? Makes all the cool sounds.

torga

Autocross Champion
Have you heard it yet? Makes all the cool sounds.
Yup! Took it for a spin to make sure I tightened everything. My BSH intake sounded good, but this one is throatier.

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Not today but Friday, got my new taillights installed. Bought the Supernova Lighting ones hoping they might be better than some of the other aftermarket ones out there, but the fitment is just as poor as most so pretty disappointed. The left outer and right inner are pretty good, but the opposites are pretty bad. It's not noticeable from far but definitely clear from close up. Would not really recommend based on this, but at least I only paid $550 CAD after shipping and duty. I will say that the sequential indicators are quite nice

1629214043668.jpeg1629214170491.jpeg1629214194344.jpeg1629214820056.png

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
Been a while since I've posted in here. Got a hood bra and rear diffuser.

IMG_2201-Edit.png

IMG_2198-Edit.png

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Today I broke the rear hatch latch again... At least this time it's broken closed instead of broken open like last time so I don't have to tie it closed. Normally I wouldn't be too bothered, but the rear hatch trim is by far the most difficult trim in the car to remove, and reinstall without misaligning things and breaking clips. Maybe this time I should look for the version with the backup camera, but if I remember correctly the version that is compatible with aftermarket head units is very expensive.

torga

Autocross Champion
Today I broke the rear hatch latch again... At least this time it's broken closed instead of broken open like last time so I don't have to tie it closed. Normally I wouldn't be too bothered, but the rear hatch trim is by far the most difficult trim in the car to remove, and reinstall without misaligning things and breaking clips. Maybe this time I should look for the version with the backup camera, but if I remember correctly the version that is compatible with aftermarket head units is very expensive.
Wait, what broke? The electro-mechanical latch that actually does the locking? Or the flip-up exterior handle? They are separate parts.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Wait, what broke? The electro-mechanical latch that actually does the locking? Or the flip-up exterior handle? They are separate parts.
The electronic actuator. I just figured that since I need to replace it again it might be worth looking into a backup camera so hopefully I don’t need to pull the trim again.

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
The electronic actuator. I just figured that since I need to replace it again it might be worth looking into a backup camera so hopefully I don’t need to pull the trim again.
Pulled the trim to fix a torn hose for the rear windshield fluid a few weeks ago. It was a pain.