GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Not today but Friday, got my new taillights installed. Bought the Supernova Lighting ones hoping they might be better than some of the other aftermarket ones out there, but the fitment is just as poor as most so pretty disappointed. The left outer and right inner are pretty good, but the opposites are pretty bad. It's not noticeable from far but definitely clear from close up. Would not really recommend based on this, but at least I only paid $550 CAD after shipping and duty. I will say that the sequential indicators are quite nice

View attachment 222950View attachment 222951View attachment 222952View attachment 222956
I was actually thinking of getting the LED tails from Supernova to replace the Depo LEDs which BTW has decent fitment. May be I will rethink. They are never in stock anyway 😭

torga

Autocross Champion
The electronic actuator. I just figured that since I need to replace it again it might be worth looking into a backup camera so hopefully I don’t need to pull the trim again.
You don't have to peel the whole trim panel off to replace just the hatch latch, though. It lines back up just fine, since you're not taking it completely off.

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
I was actually thinking of getting the LED tails from Supernova to replace the Depo LEDs which BTW has decent fitment. May be I will rethink. They are never in stock anyway 😭
ya was definitely disappointed, definitely seems like they curate their reviews because there's no way no one else has had issues with fitment before. I'm going to contact them about this because it seems absurd to have issues like that for an 11 year old model, for which they've made multiple batches of taillights. but I'm not holding my breath...

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Outside of OEM, the Depos have the best fitment. The rest are all pretty much the same. Probably all from the same factory in china

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Outside of OEM, the Depos have the best fitment. The rest are all pretty much the same. Probably all from the same factory in china
And even then I've heard of some occasional issues. Seems crazy that the only way to get quality LED tails on an 11 year old model is still OEM

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I had DEPOs which were more or less problem free, but then i scored some OEM Hella ones a while back and the fitment is mint.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
My brakes started to pulsate a bit. Got it up to over 100 getting on the interstate and very firmly applied the brake to get down to the speed limit.

Pulsation is mostly gone. Maybe I should just run the whole bed in procedure and get them nice and hot.

torga

Autocross Champion
My favorite pastime is arguing with people on FB groups about how the M14 to M12 stud "conversion" to fit 5x114.3 wheels on 5x112 hubs is unsafe. No one ever believes me. Products like this is what happens when someone with little understanding of engineering decides to make/sell something.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
My favorite pastime is arguing with people on FB groups about how the M14 to M12 stud "conversion" to fit 5x114.3 wheels on 5x112 hubs is unsafe. No one ever believes me. Products like this is what happens when someone with little understanding of engineering decides to make/sell something.
How do you feel about wobble lugs?

torga

Autocross Champion
How do you feel about wobble lugs?
I still prefer no-games, but I'd much sooner trust wobble bolts than those M14 to M12 studs. At least wobble bolts allow the lug nut to seat correctly, leading to adequate clamping force.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
ordered these (18x8.5 with 235/40 rubber).... now i get to wait until mid october for them to arrive.... one back tire is bald, so we will see what goes first, may have to drive the shitbox for a month.
1629409860631.png

Last edited:

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Ooo la la