GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Phur

Autocross Champion

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
New tires. Not able to get to the track as often as I’d like so I went with something less track focused and more street focused. Yokohama Advan Apex… cheap and well reviewed.
This is what I plan to get the next time I need tires. Seem to have good reviews and are cheaper than the Michelin tires.

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
Having a squeak that comes and goes. Only when pressing the accelerator lightly from a full stop. With the help of the local FB group, pretty much figure out it's belt tensioner. I'm hoping I can put this off for a bit before I can get it fixed.

My car:

Found this video now that I know what I'm looking for and the noise is exactly the same:

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Volkswagen offered customization programs for a few years and the cars that were ordered through this program received the emblems. I thought these emblems can be a nice edition to my OEM+ project. I placed them right where the edition 35 emblems are installed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motortrend.com/features/volkswagen-individual-product-84/amp

I like the look of them! I would totally rock them, but it goes against my belief in badging a car with something it's not.

torga

Autocross Champion
I just ran some Liqui-Moly engine flush, drained the oil, poured a liter of oil in before draining that back out (peace of mind) and refilled with Leichtlauf.
Ceratec is great stuff too

I bought my "deluxe" oil change kit today for my next service. Grabbed the LM engine flush, as well as a bottle of Ceratec for the new oil. Leichtlauf, of course. Probably will change some time next week.

Phur

Autocross Champion
IPA is Isopropyl Alcohol… not beer. 😬
I lightly soaked a rag that was folded up to be slightly larger than the sticker, and held it on the area as I flipped the visor toward the windshield. The rag will stay there by itself. Let it rest for roughly ten minutes and the sticker will come right off. Use a fingernail and go at it in short rows.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
IPA is Isopropyl Alcohol… not beer. 😬
I lightly soaked a rag that was folded up to be slightly larger than the sticker, and held it on the area as I flipped the visor toward the windshield. The rag will stay there by itself. Let it rest for roughly ten minutes and the sticker will come right off. Use a fingernail and go at it in short rows.
no discoloration? glad it worked well, i may give it a go

Phur

Autocross Champion
No discoloration. Like Jay said, you can tell where the adhesive was. It is slightly darker, but way less noticeable than the warning stickers.

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
No discoloration. Like Jay said, you can tell where the adhesive was. It is slightly darker, but way less noticeable than the warning stickers.
Wish I would've seen this post before buying the stickers from badgeskins. they're fine, but I feel like they will eventually un-stick.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Pretty happy with the Yokohamas so far after a couple hundred miles. Compared to the Hankook RS4s they replaced they round off sharp impacts a little better and are a bit quieter. I haven’t had many opportunities to send it around my benchmark corners, but grip seems good, although I’m certain they won’t grip as hard as the RS4s did. They did pass the first gear full throttle test though, zero slip, car just grips and goes as it did with the Hankooks.

I think these’ll turn out to be a solid budget option that’ll last a reasonable amount of time. Sad that I didn’t have the extra dollars for another set of wheels so I could keep a set of RS4s on the side for track days, but I’ve had some unexpected expenses over the last couple of years.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
Pretty happy with the Yokohamas so far after a couple hundred miles. Compared to the Hankook RS4s they replaced they round off sharp impacts a little better and are a bit quieter. I haven’t had many opportunities to send it around my benchmark corners, but grip seems good, although I’m certain they won’t grip as hard as the RS4s did. They did pass the first gear full throttle test though, zero slip, car just grips and goes as it did with the Hankooks.

I think these’ll turn out to be a solid budget option that’ll last a reasonable amount of time. Sad that I didn’t have the extra dollars for another set of wheels so I could keep a set of RS4s on the side for track days, but I’ve had some unexpected expenses over the last couple of years.
you running 225 or 235? good to know on the slip. I will be happy if i can stay locked in 2nd.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
you running 225 or 235? good to know on the slip. I will be happy if i can stay locked in 2nd.
225/45-17

Stock engine, not tuned. Would probably get plenty of wheelspin if I had some engine upgrades. I can't imagine your K04 wouldn't light them up in first.