GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Phur

Autocross Champion
I wish I could've went with APR's Stage 2 ECU before they canceled it. Recently got their Stage 1 ECU/TCU and it's incredible. I plan to go K04 with a CTS K04. The question is, which lol. I know that their K04-X is the bees-knees atm. About to hit 130,000 miles FWIW.
I lucked out an was able to get the Stage 2 file the day before they discontinued it. I have still yet to talk the Minister of Finance into a new exhaust to be able to flash back to it.
The TCU is good? I've been wanting to do that too.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I lucked out an was able to get the Stage 2 file the day before they discontinued it. I have still yet to talk the Minister of Finance into a new exhaust to be able to flash back to it.
the one you want is seldom on sale... hope you can have an overlap of sale and budgetary allowance, soon

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
The more you know. If you're 20 min from xlr8 then depending on the direction you may be close to me, i'm in Plainville. Lemme know if you ever need any help on the car or need to borrow any tools.

We're really not far from each other. I'd love to meet you for a beer in Cheshire or New Britain. Hit the DMs

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
It's amazing. Shifts are nice, smooth and quick. Honestly, I'd say it's like a PDK (even though I've never experienced a PDK lol). Absolutely recommend their TCU tune.

c31561

Go Kart Champion
I continued with work on the MK6 over the weekend. Finally able to tie-up most of the wiring loose ends:

- Finished installing the front dash cam and ran power to fuse panel
- Pulled the power for the reverse camera I installed last week
- Pulled power for future sub from the back to the front
- Installed the new RCD330+ and tossed the stock radio
- Cut and soldered the reverse camera & dash cam wiring together and found a (+) and an ACC free slot in the fuse panel
- Spent forever putting all the trim in the hatch and along the drivers side back together after testing the wiring

I am liking the RCD330+, would have been nice if VW had brought that to NA. The easy plug & play and the stock trim panel worked like a charm.

Now I just need to finish installing the new front shocks, change the timing change + tensioner, and find a decent stage 1 tune. Then I will be almost done with my minor overhaul of this little car.

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
I continued with work on the MK6 over the weekend. Finally able to tie-up most of the wiring loose ends:

- Cut and soldered the reverse camera & dash cam wiring together and found a (+) and an ACC free slot in the fuse panel
- Spent forever putting all the trim in the hatch and along the drivers side back together after testing the wiring

I am liking the RCD330+, would have been nice if VW had brought that to NA. The easy plug & play and the stock trim panel worked like a charm.

Now I just need to finish installing the new front shocks, change the timing change + tensioner, and find a decent stage 1 tune. Then I will be almost done with my minor overhaul of this little car.
I'm biased, but I recommend APR's Stage 1 ECU/TCU combo (if you have a DSG) lol. Great fun.

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Pdk is nothing like the vw dsg so sorry to break it to anyone 🤣
It's all good lol. I just wanted to convey how good the tune makes my DSG feel/perform. It would lug about after a short while of driving. I resorted to using 'Manual' mode because 'Drive' was unbearable. 'Drive' now shifts where I would normally shift, and it's smooth, quick, and seamless.

torga

Autocross Champion
Installed these sexy-ass headlights today. The turn signals are sequential, so now I want to get sequential mirror lights to match. @MrFancypants, click the full image and zoom on my hood/bumper to see the craters I'm dealing with.

PXL_20210913_004405513~2-01-01.jpeg

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion

Go Unitronic or Stratified so that you can flash to stage 2 when you are ready.

I wish I could've went with APR's Stage 2 ECU before they canceled it. Recently got their Stage 1 ECU/TCU and it's incredible. I plan to go K04 with a CTS K04. The question is, which lol. I know that their K04-X is the bees-knees atm. About to hit 130,000 miles FWIW.

Save some money a buy a used Borg Warner K04

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Go Unitronic or Stratified so that you can flash to stage 2 when you are ready.

Save some money a buy a used Borg Warner K04
Truth be told, I'm not too keen on buying a used turbo lol. I don't mind paying extra if it means I've got something new and unused. K04 is the final thing on my list, so it'll be some time until I get there.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Did you go ali express/ebay for that or did you buy it from ECS or whatever

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Installed these sexy-ass headlights today. The turn signals are sequential, so now I want to get sequential mirror lights to match. @MrFancypants, click the full image and zoom on my hood/bumper to see the craters I'm dealing with.

View attachment 225154

Dude... i commuted for like half a year 45 miles each way behind fracking trucks on a two lane highway and my front end looks nothinglike that. Ive even off roaded my GTI a few times... wth you doing to that thing throwing handfuls of gravel at it in your driveway?

torga

Autocross Champion
Dude... i commuted for like half a year 45 miles each way behind fracking trucks on a two lane highway and my front end looks nothinglike that. Ive even off roaded my GTI a few times... wth you doing to that thing throwing handfuls of gravel at it in your driveway?

In my defense, I bought it this way and it hasn't gotten worse. So I've got NO idea what the PO used to do. The car lived in AZ and NM for its entire life when I bought it. Lots of loose rocks and dust, I suppose. But on the bright side, I don't have rust anywhere and all hardware pops off as if brand new.