GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

torga

Autocross Champion
Doin my best, hopefully this works well. Zipties and fuel line should be here thursday then I can get it soldered back up and installed.

Will a ziptie hold up while submerged in fuel? Assuming they're plastic.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Will a ziptie hold up while submerged in fuel? Assuming they're plastic.
I know they use those corrugated plastic fuel lines in tank with no issue. Maybe they'll last assuming they are made of the same/similar plastics?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
When I was a kid, this guy told my friend the best way to rebuild shocks on his RC car. The tip was: soak the o-rings in gasoline. Lol

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Gasoline as a solvent

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I looked up online and nylon is ok in e85 so I should be good. Bought heavy duty ones as well

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

torga

Autocross Champion
Man, I still regret not pulling the trigger on that hatch bar when they had it for that stupidly good discount.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Got my fuel pump setup pretty much done. Unfortunately the wires were too short to be mounted the same way as the other wires, and the soldering job wasn't the best, but overall I think it it looks ok. The corrugated fuel line is much shorter than the OEM, which turns out to be an issue. It goes straight down instead of looping, which means when the spring goes to compress down it binds up, so I may need to adjust the setup a bit, but I won't know once I try to get it back into the tank. Does anyone think there would be any issues if I tested it out by running some water through it before hand? I'd let it dry out before actually installing it in the tank. I just want to make sure there are no sparks coming from the solder joints because gasoline. Here are the pics of the setup as is tho:

jedred1

jedred1
I replaced this today. Torqued the 10 screws down to 11 newton meter. Tightened in this order
20220603_173551.jpg