GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

zrickety

The Fixer

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I don't think it ever will lmao
Realized I forgot to have the shop clean my ports while they had it 🙄 after they do that I can install the intake manifold and hopefully fire it up. Then just a bunch of stuff to get it on the road again.
Are you on the clock to get it out if the driveway still?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Downpipe is done, they converted the front of it to vband, and i'll probably have them do the same for the front part of my test pipe as well. Eventually i'm gonna have the whole exhaust remade with vband as well. Hoping it's done there in the next two weeks or so, im getting ansy 🤞

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221118-110235_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221118-110235_Instagram.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33

Cwmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Put my APR closed filter back on, now I have a complete plastic APR intake. I was running an open AEM filter on an aluminum elbow held on with a bungee cord before. Cool sound but I get bored and change things up.

zrickety

The Fixer
Downpipe is done, they converted the front of it to vband, and i'll probably have them do the same for the front part of my test pipe as well. Eventually i'm gonna have the whole exhaust remade with vband as well. Hoping it's done there in the next two weeks or so, im getting ansy 🤞
Are you going to attach that support bracket or delete it?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Are you going to attach that support bracket or delete it?
I'm gonna leave it up to the shop. I'm guessing they will make a bracket for it as they don't like to cut corners, but i'll trust whatever they decide

zrickety

The Fixer
I'm gonna leave it up to the shop. I'm guessing they will make a bracket for it as they don't like to cut corners, but i'll trust whatever they decide
I ask because mine broke. I've used a MIG to reattach it a couple times but it deleted itself. I bought the downpipe used at SOWO, it looked decent but that bracket never fit properly. Hoping my catback will keep supporting it, so far so good.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I ask because mine broke. I've used a MIG to reattach it a couple times but it deleted itself. I bought the downpipe used at SOWO, it looked decent but that bracket never fit properly. Hoping my catback will keep supporting it, so far so good.
Ask and you shall receive. Just got these photos tonight. They said the car should be done next week. Beyond hyped for it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221122-195538_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221122-195538_Instagram.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20221122-195700_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221122-195700_Instagram.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20221122-195716_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221122-195716_Instagram.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54

zrickety

The Fixer
Ask and you shall receive. Just got these photos tonight. They said the car should be done next week. Beyond hyped for it.
Nice. I love that bracket, much different from mine that broke. Is that the name of the shop?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Nice. I love that bracket, much different from mine that broke. Is that the name of the shop?
Yeah, Staygold Performance in Deep River CT if anyone is interested and local. Amazing work from them

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just sent my tuning form over to stratified. Hoping the base map will be here in time to get the car started shortly after it's back. Also found out a gas station near me got E85 so i'm gonna test the quality and if it's good enough then I wont have to blow my whole nut on race fuel