GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Replaced my oil separator tonight, hoping that fixes the leak cuz if it doesn't I don't know what will. Also got my second revision from stratified so i'll get it all together tomorrow or thursday and hopefully get some logs this weekend. Hoping it fixed the 4th gear overboost issue as it's hard to do 3rd gear pulls on the highway

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Did a quick trip to the gym yesterday and so far no leaks, but since I flashed the new tune I didn't really get on it. Going to keep monitoring as a drive, but I think it's good. The original seal was the one with the car so probably had 170k on it and was a bit brittle, looked like it wasn't compressing all the way. Parked next to a mk4 r32 and a 20th there and had a quick chat with them, I think for once I had the fastest car there.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Did a quick trip to the gym yesterday and so far no leaks, but since I flashed the new tune I didn't really get on it. Going to keep monitoring as a drive, but I think it's good. The original seal was the one with the car so probably had 170k on it and was a bit brittle, looked like it wasn't compressing all the way. Parked next to a mk4 r32 and a 20th there and had a quick chat with them, I think for once I had the fastest car there.
Ok. Nice. Cheers for no leaks.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
after torrential rain in norcal, i found water sitting in the rear hatch door. Upon close inspection, I found out that one of the grommets had not been set correctly in the hole. It must have happened when I installed the rear dash cam 😅.
I removed the access panels to let the interior of the door hatch dry. I need to make sure not to push the grommets too far into the hole.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Decided to buy a spare 30th/35th edition dsg shifter . The shift knob on the original is a bit scuffed from when I did the radio install . Still not sure how it happened I put a microfiber to protect it. Not really worth the $250 I paid but was the cheapest I could find.

Attachments

• PXL_20230114_045550599.jpg
    PXL_20230114_045550599.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 56

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Decided to buy a spare 30th/35th edition dsg shifter . The shift knob on the original is a bit scuffed from when I did the radio install . Still not sure how it happened I put a microfiber to protect it. Not really worth the $250 I paid but was the cheapest I could find.
I need to replace mine (autobahn - 30th ed), too. How easy/difficult is it to replace?

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I need to replace mine (autobahn - 30th ed), too. How easy/difficult is it to replace?
Haven't tried it yet. Ill wait till the original one gets a bit worse . Based on the comments in this video, these steps seem to also work on the GTI.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Haven't tried it yet. Ill wait till the original one gets a bit worse . Based on the comments in this video, these steps seem to also work on the GTI.
Cool. Thanks!!! I’ve already installed euro cup holder myself. Although, I didn’t have to remove the shifter for the install, I think I can follow the instruction and do it myself.

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion

That’s what you’re looking for. It takes a little force to pull up and off though.

PS - @Cal2000 @ACHILLES R32 one of you guys want to sell me the silver trim/clip that says ‘DSG’ and recoup some cost? Mine cracked and it looks like you can only buy the whole unit

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion

That’s what you’re looking for. It takes a little force to pull up and off though.

PS - @Cal2000 @ACHILLES R32 one of you guys want to sell me the silver trim/clip that says ‘DSG’ and recoup some cost? Mine cracked and it looks like you can only buy the whole unit
Honestly looking at the clips I'm afraid that now mine might brake and I really want to keep a complete set it I plan to resell the old one . I sent you a pm about the part, hope that helps

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Took the car for a drive today down to a friends house to do some datalogs. Pulled good in third, but wasn't able to get traction for a clean log. 4th now pulls without overboosting, but I ran into misfires on cylinder 1 around 6k. Gonna pull the plug and verify the gap on it with some new feeler gauges I got. I did get an overboost code by going about 3/4 throttle in third, and it cut out around 5500.

Overall though the car is driving good, but i'm still leaking a bit of oil from somewhere up front. Not as much as before, but i'll definitely need to find where. Almost looks like the seal on the oilpan might be bad, hoping I don't need to pull it off and reseal it which would suck, but I still need to get under it to figure out where it's coming from

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Looked around under the car today. It's definitely not the separator thats looking, so thats good... kinda. I think when pressure built up in the crankcase it may have compromised the oil pan seal. I've also heard others have issues with the iabed pan sealing correctly. It's going to the shop next week to get a few things buttoned up on it, so I may just ask them to reseal the oilpan and see if that fixes it. It also looks like the upper timing cover may be leaking, so i'll probably replace that too. I did a new gasket when I assembled but it didn't seem to fit right, so i'm thinking maybe the cover itself has gotten warped a bit over time.

I also pulled the plug on cylinder 1 and the gap was ok on it, re-installed and swapped the coilpack with cyl 2 so if the misfire moves I know that's my issue. Slowly working through everything and hopefully come spring time it'll be fully tuned and ready to rip