GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Lovely
PXL_20230426_115445452.jpg

Safelite replaced this windshield 2y ago and the squidged urethane always pissed me off, now it's leaking 😡
Thankfully I do windshields now and can get one at cost and DIY it. Friendly reminder to stay the fuck away from Safelite

Last edited:

king1138

Go Kart Champion
Lovely
View attachment 279408
Safelite replaced this windshield 2y ago and the squidged urethane always pissed me off, now it's leaking 😡
Thankfully I do windshields now and can get one at cost and DIY it. Friendly reminder to stay the fuck away from Safelite
Safelite should repair that for free under warranty.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I'm going to give it a shot but I'm not hopeful (I never mentioned the urethane before), and tbh I would have much better peace of mind doing it myself. Plus, if I can get OEM glass at cost I would prefer it over the aftermarket stuff, fine as it may be.
if you don't have heads up display (HUD), you should be good with aftermarket glass...

press them so they replace it free of charge (FOC) under warranty... customer's are always right...

although you should've brought it back when you noticed the budge... the moment you noticed it... it must be an eye sore.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
if you don't have heads up display (HUD), you should be good with aftermarket glass...

press them so they replace it free of charge (FOC) under warranty... customer's are always right...

although you should've brought it back when you noticed the budge... the moment you noticed it... it must be an eye sore.
You're right, I should've. But alas, I am a procrastinating pushover.

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion

Lovely
View attachment 279408
If it's just a leak they won't replace it just cut it out and reset it. There is nothing wrong with the glass. The blob could just be cut off with a razor blade. Have you removed the pillar and done a leak test to make sure it's the window and not the sunroof drain?

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
If it's just a leak they won't replace it just cut it out and reset it. There is nothing wrong with the glass. The blob could just be cut off with a razor blade. Have you removed the pillar and done a leak test to make sure it's the window and not the sunroof drain?
No sunroof.
Yes, the urethane is easily removed which is why I've never really wanted to make a fuss.
Also I've had no luck keeping VW windshields intact when I'm removing them. A wire tool could work but I've yet to have any luck with one.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
235/40 on 18x8.5et43. Fender screw eliminated most of it. I only get rubs (both front and back) on harsh bumps but I'm going to monitor the tires and see how they look. The rear camber hasn't been adjusted yet so that should take care of the rear, and worst case I raise the front a quarter inch. I want to avoid modifying the body until my rust warranty expires; there's a few spots starting to appear and I want to make sure there's nothing VW can say that will void the warranty.

I'm running 245/40 on 18x8 et45 lowered on PSS10s, only mod is fender screw mod and no rub at all on the street. Pretty bad rubbing on the track though. I ran 235s on an 8" wheel with zero issues track or street.

I hear you on the rust warranty, I found some on the quarter panel lip when I started having these tire issues that I am sure they won't cover because they will claim it's from wheel contact, I'll have to fix it myself and then if it gets bad in a few years, well, time to go widebody LMAO But I have a nasty spot on the inside door jamb driver's side that I am going to submit. It sucks though the nearest VW Certified body shop is 3 hours away from me, hoping to get that started in a couple weeks when I can get out there.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
VW sunroofs can suck it!!

Luckily I bought a poverty spec GTI without one.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Changed my starter on the side of the road. Tried to push start it in my steel-toes this morning and my legs turned to jelly after the fifth attempt. Left it there until after work.
PXL_20230429_170331796.jpg

Had the whole thing done in about 20 minutes. Starter cranks over like a madman now. However, my starting problems are still not fixed. I've got a full tank of fresh gas, all my coils seem to be working right, and none of my engine codes came back after I cleared them. Hopefully I figure it out before I kill this starter, too 😅

Last edited:

butthead123

Ready to race!
Changed my starter on the side of the road. Tried to push start it in my steel-toes this morning and my legs turned to jelly after the fifth attempt. Left it there until after work.
View attachment 279709
Had the whole thing done in about 20 minutes. Starter cranks over like a madman now. However, my starting problems are still not fixed. I've got a full tank of fresh gas, all my coils seem to be working right, and none of my engine codes came back after I cleared them. Hopefully I figure it out before I kill this starter, too 😅
maybe the low pressure fuel pump?

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
maybe the low pressure fuel pump?
It definitely feels fuel related. I asked the shop to replace/provided them with a new fuel filter, but I haven't checked if that got replaced (they were cleaning up the mess I gave them, so understandably some stuff slipped through the cracks).

It takes 2-5 attempts to get it to start, and then it chugs for a little under a minute during initial idle. Subsequent warm starts are fine. I did feel what might've been breakup during my ride this morning but I wasn't certain and it was very brief.

PXL_20230430_131625228.jpgPXL_20230430_123329482.jpg
I swear to god I can't stop taking pics of it ♥️

To my knowledge, the lpfp would be the original one so it's definitely worth considering 🤔

Andrew429

Ready to race!
Pulled the intake manifold off to finally tackle the carbon cleaning. Started getting the cold start misfires at 108000 miles 75k of those was stage 2. Excited to get it clean and back together. Haven't driven it in a year as I have a truck now for the kind of work I do. While it is off I am going to replace the fuel injectors for peace of mind. View attachment 279105
Got her back together. New manifold partitions, new injectors, r8 coils, and plugs and she feels brand new again! No more cold start misfires or random little jolts on acceleration!

Attachments

• Image (2).jpeg
    Image (2).jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 41
  • Image (1).jpeg
    Image (1).jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32