GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
So is it being towed to the dealer? Hopefully it's just something came loose. Almost has to be fuel or PCV related to get every cylinder to misfire. I'm hoping for the simplest solution.
Yes going to the dealer that sold me the car, since they’re the “mod friendly” dealer in town and from what I hear a pretty good shop anyways. Thanks. Good point on the misfires. Yeah I’m hoping for something relatively minor. my first fear was the turbo, but I had zero symptoms or warning signs. Fingers crossed.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yes going to the dealer that sold me the car, since they’re the “mod friendly” dealer in town and from what I hear a pretty good shop anyways. Thanks. Good point on the misfires. Yeah I’m hoping for something relatively minor. my first fear was the turbo, but I had zero symptoms or warning signs. Fingers crossed.
Not saying it's not the turbo just very unlikely since you said zero symptoms or warning signs. I've had the bearings go out in 2 turbos but the engine would still start since there isn't any boost at idle.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Double check the battery terminals.

Having engine, transmission, and then cranking issues it’s something stupid and common to everything:

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG

Having engine, transmission, and then cranking issues it’s something stupid and common to everything:
100% have been there where I ended up at a shop only to tell them my battery was dead LOL. I definitely disconnected and reconnected the terminals. Plenty of power in the car and voltage through OBD shows fine.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

How would that cause the strong fuel smell and misfiring in every cylinder?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
How would that cause the strong fuel smell and misfiring in every cylinder?

Lack of spark while cranking.

He had ECU & TCU faults which means battery or ground, common to both.

Worst case scenario it dropped a valve, jumped timing, or crank walked. I try to be optimistic, but a buddy of mine with a Mk4 TDI ate a valve with similar symptoms

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Ran the kids around in the GLI, and worked on a GLI CBE weld fixture.
88A0B031-F9EC-4615-BE4D-983087DD5E68.jpeg
730F8AA2-E594-4132-B266-AF230347E128.jpeg