GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do we think about these???

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4L

Banned
JewFro's new Swedish acquisition had me thinking about what other good deals might be out there on similar cars.

2008/2009 Saab 9-3 Turbo X's can be had between about $16k and $19k or so with between 40k-60k miles. It listed from $42k new...

For those that don't know about it;
- 280hp / 295lb-ft 2.8L Turbo V6
- Haldex AWD
- 3,440 lbs
- 16/26mpg
- Only 600 were made, 300 for 2008 and 300 for 2009
- Only options were MT/AT and Nav/No-Nav
- Only came in Black on Black

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Interesting. I've always liked Saabs for some reason, yet hardly know anything about them.

Valli666

Ready to race!
I'm sure the company is now bust, spare parts and servicing would be difficult, probably explains the low price.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
german car repair prices w/o german car feel and handling?

A_Bowers

Interesting. I've always liked Saabs for some reason, yet hardly know anything about them.

Only thing I know about Saab's is.........

thats all you do when you own one....Saab. :D

C4L

Banned
I'm sure the company is now bust, spare parts and servicing would be difficult, probably explains the low price.

Oh I am sure that's the case but still a pretty good value, seemingly.

I found a 2008 in NY State for $13k with 58k miles... Guy says that just the drivers side rear window doesn't work (regulator?) and the front lip spoiler is cracked due to low ground clearance. And it needs new tires...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...stRecord=26&sellerTypes=b&searchRadius=0&mmt=[SAAB[9-3[]][]]&listingId=332401753&Log=0

C4L

Banned
german car repair prices w/o german car feel and handling?

I wouldn't be so sure about that. One (and possibly only) good thing about the GM/Saab ties is the parts/labor being less expensive.

And I am sure the best/highest performing Saab can't be that far off of an average A4/3-Series in terms of feel/handling.
280hp, Haldex AWD, 3,440 lbs... How bad can that really be??

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
many many of these parts cross pollinate with GM. If you can figure out the P/N you should be ok.
this. my old coworker had those and the exhaust note is sex. i had him though when we raced while i was stage 2. still, i would love to own one of those.

Bender1

Banned
Whats the older brother, 9-3 Viggen?

Those are pretty cheap now too. $6k-$10k with decent mileage if you can find one...

Yup. I am always on the verge of grabbing one but they never are quite good enough and would require substantial investment to get where I would want it.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
And I am sure the best/highest performing Saab can't be that far off of an average A4/3-Series in terms of feel/handling.
280hp, Haldex AWD, 3,440 lbs... How bad can that really be??

It all comes down to driving feel, which is subjective and not a statistic.

C4L

Banned
It all comes down to driving feel, which is subjective and not a statistic.

Right, so why so harsh when you know nothing about this car?

The stats were used to show that it should/could be quite a nice feeling/dynamic car. Though I know that may/may-not translate into the real world.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
just taking a guess... especially based on pretty much never seeing one at a track day, and I've many many odd and different cars at track days.

Status
Not open for further replies.